• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Wrap?

Dourque

Anyone ever have a boat wrap done, I have an 89 lund pro-v that looks a little beat up from dock rash and would like to spruce her up a little, don't need to pimp it out or anything, just wondering if I could give her a bit of a make-over, We redid the interior last year. I would like to keep it in either Minnesota/North Dakota just to give the locals the business.

price???

The wraps I am talking about are not a do it yourself decal kit, but the ones that you see on sponsored boats. It is a vinyl type material that has some give to it so I don't think it's going to chip, but I'm sure you can't do 80 MPH on a gravel road and expect it to look like new.

This is the same stuff we use on our race cars (dirt track). Yes, it will chip, but with the high quality vinyl it would be a little better than most paint, but you can't touch it up. Most vinyl graphic places now can do it, or sign places, and I guarantee you it is a LOT less than $3500. Just look in the yellow pages and start calling around. Either that or ask the snowmobile and stock car racers, they'll tell you where to go for price and quality.

Team Rapala North American and other pro's get there boats wrapped in Minneapolis. They are the top boat wrapping outfit in the area. The name of the place is Reflections. I had a boat quoted and it's around the 2500 area depending on designer time. They warranty their boat wraps too.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]

It's actually 18 ft. I did a lot of the prep work (added Bondo to dock rash, sanded, removed all decals, removed all the residue) and helped put the wrap on. He said that he was charging me half the price he would normally charge, a little over $400. That included custom registration numbers and some decals for the trailer. Both which aren't shown in that picture. Now if there is more graphic design work to be done, the cost will be higher. If he has to do the prep work, again, the price goes up. Depending home how tall you want it wrapped would depend on the price. He has a 54" printer so if each side is higher than 27" then he would have double the cost in material. This I believe is the first boat he has wrapped, but he has done plenty of other vehicles. If you want his contact information, let me know as I would have to ask him if he wants to take on more boats before I start sending business his way.

Wow, Lakedoctor, that looks great! I might have to think about doing out 13 year old boat some time to make it look like new again smile

That looks about the same size and vintage (from the seats) as our 1997 TP175.