• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Radio for the boat ??

flyboy10

I've always figured that it is similar to how deer react. How often do you see deer grazing along a roadside run for cover as a car drives by? Most of the time they seem to ignore the vehicles or just stand and watch us go by. A sudden unexpected noise however will get their hair standing on end. I suspect fish may react in much the same way.

I've also experienced times when turning on a radio seemed to coincide with an increase in fishing activity. Coincidence?

i didnt have one for 20 yrs in my old boat..never bothered me

the new boat came with one and marine radio

i have the fm one on 99% of the time specially fishing alone

i'm actually going to put a speaker in the front of the boat

so i can hear it up there with out have it real loud

i dunno bout scaring or attracting fish i think thats a mute point

I would recommend it! I added a Sony deck last spring with some JBL speakers and I really like it. Didn't know how much we'd use it, but it turns out quite a bit. Fun to crank the tunes when you're waterskiing or tubing also.

Never noticed any differencein the boat with it on. I would probably have to catch some fish to know for sure though. I use one in my spearhouse all the time and it doesn't seem to bother them. I have even cranked it when there is a northern in the hole and didn't make any difference. I would think that would be close to the same deal through the ice and through the boat.

I was never gonna tell anyone this, and you guys need to keep my secret...silenced.gif...walleyes on Mille Lacs LOVE the Doobie Brothers! The louder the better. Now keep quiet about it or else everyone will know. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But I know there will never be any Jimmy Buffet or Dooby Bro playing! sick

Geez, here I give you a great tip and you're gonna blow it off? crazy That's like sayin' you're not gonna use crawlers just cause they live in dirt. grin