• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a lab pup

Shorelunch

I live in northern MN and am starting to look for a female lab pup. She'll be hunting primarily pheasants and needs to be great family dog. I have a 10 yr old female that's well-trained, but has two weak rear legs.

Can anyone recommend breeders in north or western TC suburbs, central/northern MN or the RR Valley?

In the past, you looked for hip and eye certificates. Is there anything else to look for? I'd like a lighter-weight black or yellow pup, with a price range of $300-$700, depending on lines.

WRONG!!

a carrier bred to a carrier will produce affected pups. A carrier bred to a clean will not produce any affecteds. They will produce a carrier or 2 but that is OK.

Look for both parents to be tested for EIC (Exercised Induced Collapse). It's a recessive gene so a lab can not be affected by it but still be a carrier.

Shorelunch,

I could recommend a good breeder right outside of Bemidji but not sure how to get you the info without being reprimanded and I would rather not have to read the forum rules before posting again!

Let's try this. Email me and I'll reply back with the info:

[Note from Admin: Please read forum rules before posting again. Thank You!]

Give JB Thorson a call up in your area. He doesn't sell labs he is a kennel owner that might be able to push toward someone.

If this post is against forum policy I am sorry in advance. Just trying to help a brother out is all.

What kind of time line are you looking at? I have a litter of chocolates due at the end of Feb. Seems like I always run into a litter or two of blacks and yellows to steer prospective buyers to. Sorry, can't say much more about our litter due to forum policy other than that they will be advertised here if there are any left for sale after whelping.