• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2002 Artic Cat 375 4x4 auto?

ottertailguy

I'm think about getting a 2002 Arctic Cat 375 4x4 auto with less than 300 miles that has a winch for $2000. I will be using it around the lake but also have older sleds when the snow is deep for fishing and fun. My question how sound are they and is it a good buy? I did research on line but couldn't find much, thanks for any reply.

I have a 2002 AC 300 4x4, but mine is a manual transmission. I've owned it for about 7 years now and am very happy with it. It now has about 2200 miles on it and still runs and drives great. The only thing I've had fixed in those 7 years were the rear wheel bearings.

Now I dont know about the auto tranny but that year and size of machine has been very reliable for me.

That one probably has a Suzuki engine so that is a good thing. the rest of the machine is Arctic Cat, so the jury is out on that?
Arctic Cat has been around for a while now and I would like to know why the jury is still out on them. Is there some reason that I shouldn't consider buying an Arctic Cat or is this just a personal opinion type thing?? The people that I know that have them like them. You got some inside info on them??

That one probably has a Suzuki engine so that is a good thing. the rest of the machine is Arctic Cat, so the jury is out on that?
The jury is not "still out" on anything from AC. They have proven to be exceptional work horses. Aside from the Thundercat, they will not win any races, they are heavily built machines, intended for work. The model you are looking at does indeed have a suzuki built motor and the auto tranny is bulletproof. You will not see any of the belt issues that have plagued Polaris over the years.

The price seems very good. Low mileage, but that doesnt necessarily mean much in an ATV because they can be worked hard in low miles. The main thing I would look at with that machine is the A Arm and suspension bushings. They are not very good from the factory and should be replaced. If they wear out, they can oblong the holes for the shocks and A arms and lead to more costly repairs.

I would jump at the chance to buy that machine for that money, it is a good deal.

My dad has 27,000 miles on his 2007 650 H1 (Arctic Cat built engine) TRV. Still looks like new.

That machine will go for many more miles and will easily do more work than you could possibly imagine.

Good luck on the purchase!

Looks like the deal is on. I found out about it from the guys son down here in the cities but we are neighbors with his dad on Otter Tail. The machine is even up there so it's just a matter of time. Thank for all the 411 and I'll post a picture later.

Sensitive Arctic Cat owners? laugh I've seen several Cats that I've ridden with and the inlaws have owned have some issues with them. I do not care for their "jerry" rigged linkage on their belt driven quads. They do have heavy steering, and most of them are the size of a small truck. They would probably do some work, but I don't see them lasting to long for the way I use my wheeler.

If you look at most of the large bore ute ATVs on the market, they will send a small pickup running for the hills.

If your in-laws are treating their Cats the same way you ride, of course they won't last. Very few machines will without showing some significant wear.

And no, there's no sensitive Cat owners here. Many ATV owners just get a little tired of the chest pounding from others who spend 50% of their time ripping on other brands.

My inlaws didn't even have their Cat's that long, and the one cat was driven by a woman. There is no denying the overall size of the cats and their high stance as compared to other brands. I'm talking 400 class on up since you said big bores.Their 400's are the exact same size as their 700's. No chest pounding here, just one guys opinion.

Sensitive Arctic Cat owners? laugh I've seen several Cats that I've ridden with and the inlaws have owned have some issues with them. I do not care for their "jerry" rigged linkage on their belt driven quads. They do have heavy steering, and most of them are the size of a small truck. They would probably do some work, but I don't see them lasting to long for the way I use my wheeler.
The linkage works fine if properly adjusted. Most dealers have issues setting it properly but there are some very simple steps to follow and no issues. Like I said, my dad has 27,000 miles on his. He would be on his original belt if he didnt decide to just replace it, but the other was still fine. You will not see this from a Polaris or Kawasaki and I am not bashing.

All brands have issues and we could go on and on listing each of them. I would put any AC up against any other brand in the work department. They are tough as nails. They will not win any races and are not the best high speed trail machine due to their extra steering effort, though this can EASILY be resolved with aftermarket tires and some slight modifications to the camber by putting some shims in.

BTW, depending what year you are talking, the 400's share the exact same chassis as the 500, 650, 700 or Thundercat.

The 366 is a different chassis, but in the year mentioned here (2002) the 400 (375) was the same size chassis as the 500.

I've just spent the last two days on the ice with a buddy and he had a 2008 700 Ac two up . I'll tell you one thing they are a tank and built for work . Everything on the bike was super beefy . I like my Big Bear yammy as a work horse but would have no qualms about going to a cat . Dragging out logs or moving things around on a farm etc I don't think you will find anything out there that is heavier duty . I'm sure it weighs more but heah it is the tractor of atv's .

TD