• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Saturday roll call for Sax-Zim Bog GTG

Shall we all meet at the restaurant on the west side of Hwy. 53 in Cotton at 7 a.m.? Shooting light is generally around 8 a.m., and Cotton puts us on the south side of the Bog so we can work our way north.

Who's in for sure? Sound off, shooters!

I'm in.

Sounds great Steve

I will try to get up there tomorrow to make sure the feeders are full and I was going to bring some sand and litter the area to see if we can attract some of the Crossbills down out of the trees. I have been putting seed on the ground with hopes that we can get a few Pine Grosbeaks out in the light. From the reports we just might get to see a GGO and there have been more sightings of the Boreal Chickadees. Cold and clear but it will not be that bad grin

I will be up!! Going to spend a few days around Ely starting tomorrow!! Steve, about how long does the drive take from Ely?? Just trying to figure out if I should drive down there in the morning and leave my car in cotton or possibly hop a ride with you from Ely in the morning and leave my car in Ely. I plan to head back home Saturday after the gtg either way. Just not sure which would be better.

Jeremy, it's about 1.5 hours from Ely to Cotton. I'll be driving down to Babbitt, leaving my truck at Ken's and hopping in with him. Considering you're heading home from the GTG, it makes a lot more sense to drive to Cotton and leave your car there. While we probably will end up at the north side of the Bog come sundown, Jim for sure will be passing back through Cotton on his way home and I'm sure he'd be fine with you hopping in with him. That'd save you having to come all the way back to Ely with Ken and I (tight squeeze in his vehicle anyway) to pick up your car.

See you Friday, Jeremy. Hope you got your walkin' shoes on! gringrin

Jeremy You can just leave your car at the restaurant and hop in with me. I am sure we will want to end the day somewhere on McDavitt looking for owls so going back to your car will not be out of the way. Make sure to bring warm cloths and boots and maybe a couple of those handwarmers and you will be good for the whole day.

When you come into Cotton there will be a SuperAmerica on the east side and the restaurant will be on the west side connected to the EL Dorito or something like that. The cafe is on the north end.

The rest of us will be waiting to see great things! And now we know just who to be expecting posts from. We like them all. Even if there is repetition. Every person's eye for the shot is just a little different.

Jim - how long is the drive from Cloquet to Cotton? We will be leaving from the cities & we usually make it to Cloquet in two hours if the roads are good - so we'll add a little time to that, but are wondering about conditions on 33. My husband is coming up too - he's my "photography assistant" grin Thanks-

If you allow another 30 min. you should be good. We did not get the snow that you did so road conditions should not be bad at all. You might want to bring a loaf of bread so your hubby can stay entertained feeding the Gray Jays. That way we will have someone to shoot with a Gray Jay on his head grin