• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Helmets

LakeTahoe

A guy I know has a heated lens, $100.00 he puts on many miles. We were up at LOW and it was -26F and he never fogged once, riding, sitting starting etc. never fogged a bit.This will be my next purchase. He wired a cig. lighter in and it works great!

You have a few options: 1) Heated shield. This will cost around 80 bucks if you can find a shield to fit your helmet, then another 30 or so for the hookup to the sled. Some shields might come with all you need - you'd need to look into that. 2) Open face with goggles and a breather box (should come with helmet). It will be a colder option, but some guys wear this in all conditions. Some guys still have fogging problems with this system 3) There's a breather mask out there called No-Fog breather masks (around $40). This is different than the breather box with the helmet. It's a one piece system that you wear like a balaclava. I just got one and used it yesterday for the first time in my open face helmet. Not once did I have a fogging problem. My face did get considerably more sweaty, or wet from all the moisture as this covers your mouth and nose, deflected your breath down and out. Good luck.

EDIT - Just rode with the No-Fog today for the first time in single digit weather - didn't fog at all, and my face didn't get sweaty with my full face helmet. Last time I rode it was in the teens, so that's probably why I overheated a bit in the face area. Anyhow, just wanted to give you an update. I think the next time I go out in the teens, I'll wear it with my open face and goggles.

Personally I think the Ski-Doo or BRP Modular 2 helmet is by far the best on the market. It has a breather mask that works very well to limit fogging. I added the heated shield as well which never fogs even without the breather mask.

You should be able to check them out at any ski-doo dealer. You may want to check the dealer in St. Bonifacius as I think they bought a truckload of these and have very good pricing on them. The whole setup is not cheap but well worth it in my mind.

Good luck!

I have a HJC

edit - ha! it thought the model was a competing site!!! haha!

"two letter starting with c and ending with L" Max modular, and while it isn't a top of the line, it works great. I have not had it fog, even after digging out and breathing hard. The breath box really works. More comfortable than I thought it was going to be. $150 at the big sledding/bike store, on clearance for solid colors.

Only complaint is the little clips that the breath box attaches to can break. I guess I only broke it once, and had to order new ones. Cheap though at about $1.50 for a couple of them.

I can see where a wired/heated shield would be nice. I gotta say, I love the modular and being able to lift the whole face shield so you can talk and eat and drink without taking the helmet off.

I have a HJC

edit - ha! it thought the model was a competing site!!! haha!

"two letter starting with c and ending with L" Max modular, and while it isn't a top of the line, it works great. I have not had it fog, even after digging out and breathing hard. The breath box really works. More comfortable than I thought it was going to be. $150 at the big sledding/bike store, on clearance for solid colors.

Only complaint is the little clips that the breath box attaches to can break. I guess I only broke it once, and had to order new ones. Cheap though at about $1.50 for a couple of them.

I can see where a wired/heated shield would be nice. I gotta say, I love the modular and being able to lift the whole face shield so you can talk and eat and drink without taking the helmet off.

That is the same brand that I bought and I picked up the heated shield and never have put it on because it works so great.

MN, that happened to me. I had to order it from a dealer in WBL. Cheap, but not something they stock. I should have got a couple but wasnt' sure it was right thing at first. About $1.65 or something like that. You just get the clips, not the whole breather.

I got them at Tousley Sports Center, but any place that has the catalogues should be able to find them for you, they just used the catlogue and ordered it.

If you go to Dennis Kirk, look up this part

"HJC Black Breath Guard for HJC Helmets "

and you will see the little clip in the picture. You don't need the whole breath guard, just that clip. You can order those seperate, can't recall the name of them or part number though, the invoice is up at cabin.

I dropped the helmet once on a dock post (don't ask...) and broke the visor pivot, and got that at DK and repaired it very easy.

Good luck.

My snap on the helmet is what broke. Called HJC and they wanted me to call the Dealer that I baught it from (Dennis K) Dennis wants me to send it in they will look at it - seems overly lengthy and complicated.

MN

I have a modular. LAZER Blizzard helmet. The deflector mask for your breath completely eliminated any fogging problem I had and you can ride open faced or closed for a full face helmet. Best of both worlds. Modular is the ONLY way to go for me...

EDIT: This helmet is now called AVG.