• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort - You Bet We'll Go

header1.jpg

My sons and I have been heading to Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort for a few years now, since its new owners began the "extreme makeover", and we've got ants in the pants waiting to get back up there this Christmas Break.

From our experiences, Paul and the crew go above and beyond what's expected. I'm sure they're working double-time to get things really ready for everyone's Christmas Break.

The fish house rentals are pretty well setup with everything we've needed and are always clean and warm when we arrived.

p1144502vw2.jpg

With the ice thickness being inconsistent this early in the season, the most important part of our ice fishing trips is always safety. And, that's the first concern for Paul and the Appeldoorn crew as well. If they say "don't travel too far off the staked roads", we don't. Plus, they already did the hard job and placed the rentals on decent spots. We always trust their guidance and hope you do, too.

Table, chairs, rattle reels and inside bathrooms are some of the comforts included in each fish house.

p1144505yp1.jpg

p1144506wr9.jpg

rattlereelqd7.jpg

And, when we needed a resort to ride out from on our ATVs and pull our fish house, until it's safe enough for heavier vehicle travel, the guys at Appeldoorn's have always been kind enough to stop what they're doing and point us in the right direction to punch our first hole.

p2156488.jpg

I just appreciate what Appeldoorn's Resort does every time we're up there, and I wanted to say, THANK YOU APPELDOORN'S, in public.

I agree 100%. Paul and his crew are top notch. They go way out of their way to help you in any way possible. They cant make the fish bite but they will do anything else they can to make your stay as good as possible. Plus Paul makes mean tacos and steaks. wink

My youngest son and I were fishing near an Appeldoorn rental last Thursday night when a guy took off in his vehicle from his rental and tried a short-cut through an ice road snow bank a couple miles out. Needless to say, he didn't take Paul's advise to "stay on the road" and the vehicle's rear end broke through the plow bank. Ended up taking two plow trucks to pull that vehicle out.

Paul and crew worked well over an hour to get the vehicle out and when the customer asked Paul, "How much for the tow?", Paul said, "Nothing. We take care of our customers".

Now, THAT is above and beyond customer service that you just don't see nowadays.

And, I'm not advocating driving off ice roads when advised not to, and expect someone to come and bail you out but, if one should happen to make a mistake and get into a bind, I'll chose a resort with that type of service every time.

My hubby (Rippin Lip), our daughter and I just got home today from a 3 night stay at Appeldoorn's. This was mine and our daughter's first time there and it was a great time. My hubby caught a 22 inch walleye and we caught 11 nice size perch. We will definately be planning another trip next year. Our 10 yeaold daughter even had fun!!! The crew there sure take great care of you!!!!

I went out of there last year for a fantasy football ice fishing trip. Looks like the same house we stayed in.

Excellent service! My buddy brought up some ribs from KC that we were going to heat up the 1st night and the oven wouldn't take a light. Called the resort and Paul was to the rescue with a torch and got that puppy lit up in a minute. Oh yeah, and it was around 10pm.

We didn't do very well with fishing. I think the 20 degree to -20 degree swing that weekend did it.

Great experience and great service! Top notch resort!