• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice auger rack for polaris ranger

pondwater

I have also been looking for a rack of some sorts,I saw posting where the auger was mounted to the reciever w/ iron and the auger in a Otter tube the tube was tilted 20-30 degrees.

I would rather mount it to the brush gaurd on the front of the machine and store/haul it flat.

I have seen baskets that mount over the hood, but they are attacthed to the rollcage, no good w/full windshield.

My thoughts are to fab a pair of large padded hooks off of the brushgaurd.

I remember seeing a thread or two last year for homemade sled ice auger holders, but can't seem to find them. I to want to make an auger mount for the front of my Polaris Indy.

I did this a couple years ago a 95' Indy. It's worked great for me and if I find the time I'll be making another one soon. I should be able to get pics by Thursday.

I did see a nice rack on the back of a SnowBear up on LOW last year that looked like it would work on the back of a Ranger. It held it stright up! wink But I am still looking for one that sits over the front of a Sled! frown

Is this about a rack system for Ranger or something for a snowmobile? I thought a Ranger was a side by side.

If it is about a Ranger, I built a rack for the back of my Kawasaki Teryx to carry my auger. I made a cover for the back out of 3/4 inch treated plywood, then bought a gun carry rack for a 4 wheeler, mounted it on a 2x4. It works great and the auger doesn't move.

If this is about a carrier for something else I apoligize, wasn't trying to steal the thread.

Is this about a rack system for Ranger or something for a snowmobile? I thought a Ranger was a side by side.

If it is about a Ranger, I built a rack for the back of my Kawasaki Teryx to carry my auger. I made a cover for the back out of 3/4 inch treated plywood, then bought a gun carry rack for a 4 wheeler, mounted it on a 2x4. It works great and the auger doesn't move.

If this is about a carrier for something else I apoligize, wasn't trying to steal the thread.

1900-LE, it's about a auger holder for a Ranger, some of us that need one for a Sled are just trying to take over the post! whistle

This is what I found out. I email Dave and asked the question of where could I buy a auger rack for a snowmobile you have. This is his response. "My auger rack's are custom made each year by the Engineers at Clam Corp. They need to do each year because each new model is a little different. I have put a link below, an article that has suggestions on how to get your own auger rack for your machine. I have also heard of people using a gun rack.

[note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again.]

thanks for info guys, the ice auger rack on the back of the polaris ranger that slides into the reciver tube looks good but looking for something to go on the front bumper. I have started to fab. one together we will see how it turns out.

This is what I found out. I email Dave and asked the question of where could I buy a auger rack for a snowmobile you have. This is his response. "My auger rack's are custom made each year by the Engineers at Clam Corp. They need to do each year because each new model is a little different. I have put a link below, an article that has suggestions on how to get your own auger rack for your machine. I have also heard of people using a gun rack.

[note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again.]

Thanks for the checking it out brainard6, at least I know I may have to give my buddy with a welder a call! wink