• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drying Out Seat

SnoManX

I swamped my wheeler this summer and now that the temperature has been below freezing, I realize now that I still have a lot of water still in the seat foam because it is rock hard! Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the water out?

I swamped my wheeler this summer and now that the temperature has been below freezing, I realize now that I still have a lot of water still in the seat foam because it is rock hard! Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the water out?

There is no real quick fix for this other than to bring the seat into the house and dry her out . I know you were hoping for something better but that's how she goes . wink

TD

If you can find a very durable bag to place the seat in (not sure a garbage bag will be strong enough), not to mention that doesn't leak, then put your seat in there, seal the bag around the vacuum hose and draw the air, and hopefully the water out of the seat/bag.

I think places like Fleet Farm have some heavy duty clear plastic bags. I'm not sure it will work on your seat, but I've seen it done on other things. It may draw some of the water out, but you might need to expose the seat to some higher temps to get the rest of the water to evaporate.

Like TD said, bring it in the house to warm up/thaw out first grin

Originally Posted By: SnoManX

There is no real quick fix for this other than to bring the seat into the house and dry her out . I know you were hoping for something better but that's how she goes . wink

TD

Also, hang it up from one end so the water will drip out after it starts to thaw out. Not sure about driving over with a car, it may crack the plastic base. confused