• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MASSIVE RED RIVER WALLEYE...

I've witnessed a ton of really, really big walleye over a very long career guiding for walleye (and channel cats), todays bohemoth just might be the creme` de la creme`!!!

We can't actually say just how this monarch weighed simply because we never took the time to put her on a scale and we had no intentions of harming her!!!

Due to personal time restraints I have to cut this short, so I will now end by posting a few pic's...

IMG_1580JayMatityjpgJAYMATITY-1.png

IMG_1583jaymatityjpgJAYMATITY-1.png

IMG_1608JPGJAYMATITY-1.png

Here's the guy who actually caught the fish, his brother was kind enough to help land it!

IMG_1610jaymantityjpgJAYMATITY-1.png

That is the guys Stu from the 2nd Hot Spot Outdoors video that Deitz and Dennis did a few years ago he was fishing with a long rod then. It sure looks like that guy! Look at the depth of that fish. Incredible!!! Awesome catch.

All of that sequence of that sumo Greenback being caught was also captured on video, and on many other cameras by other anglers with the team on the ice simultaneously.

I know several of the Reel Bait Team personally on the location and she was a truly HUGE Red River Walleye. I just got off the phone with a couple of the guys whom were on the team...and they are still preaty stunned at that particular Greenback.

They did the math, 24" girth and 32" length, and that puts her well over 16 pounds and some change. She was released to go grow even bigger.

That is one beast of a fish that I would love to see at the end of my line. Congrats to the fella who caught it, i would have a hard time putting that guy back as it would be going on my wall.

let me just say Stu that is one heck of a fish! What an exciting day you and your guests had! Looks like that new 10-22 is working out great, you got some really cool perspectives with it! Thanks Stu for sharing these with us!

That is one beast of a fish that I would love to see at the end of my line. Congrats to the fella who caught it, i would have a hard time putting that guy back as it would be going on my wall.

With the pictures for color and the measurements for size Bass Pro can make a replica to mount on the wall, so don't continue with catch & release! smile

Sorry for the lenghty delay in replying back.

The fish was not harmed, it was released in very good health ready for some other lucky angler to come along and catch her.

Measurements...length, 32 inch's before pinching the tail. Now here comes the mind blowing measurement, the girth. She was merely 25 inch's around! Weight, we'll never know but I don't really care! wink

A mere "Snot rocket" was a blessing on this day! My name is Jeff Matity and I am the owner/renter of the, said, "snot rocket". Jason, my borther who caught the giant, had his back to the wind, so the wind was hitting me on the left cheek (of my face) and blowing the white water into a nice sickle along my right nostil. Upon seeing the pictures, I feel very fortunate that it did not become a full-out Nose Gobblin! When I talked to Al Patterson, owner of REELBAIT tackle which the fish was caught on, I told him that's what he gets when he decides to work with us "gappers" from Saskatchewan and not one of the professionally beautiful people out there (you know who you are!) "Besides," I told Al,"in order for anyone to look at me (and, thus, my REELBAIT hat) instead of the fish, I had to do what I had to do...SNOT WORKS!" Allegedly, the late-great Andy Kaufman used to use fake snot to shock on-lookers. I'm not saying I have the mental, comic abilities of him; however, he obviously could not do it on command!!!

Yes great camera work!!! Check out the snot rocket on the guy holding the fish in the first three pics. I hope he got it before it froze.

A mere "Snot rocket" was a blessing on this day! My name is Jeff Matity and I am the owner/renter of the, said, "snot rocket". Jason, my borther who caught the giant, had his back to the wind, so the wind was hitting me on the left cheek (of my face) and blowing the white water into a nice sickle along my right nostil. Upon seeing the pictures, I feel very fortunate that it did not become a full-out Nose Gobblin! When I talked to Al Patterson, owner of REELBAIT tackle which the fish was caught on, I told him that's what he gets when he decides to work with us "gappers" from Saskatchewan and not one of the professionally beautiful people out there (you know who you are!) "Besides," I told Al,"in order for anyone to look at me (and, thus, my REELBAIT hat) instead of the fish, I had to do what I had to do...SNOT WORKS!" Allegedly, the late-great Andy Kaufman used to use fake snot to shock on-lookers. I'm not saying I have the mental, comic abilities of him; however, he obviously could not do it on command!!!

Originally Posted By: Calvin n Hobbes
Yes great camera work!!! Check out the snot rocket on the guy holding the fish in the first three pics. I hope he got it before it froze.

I just want to add that it was my sheer pleasure meeting & hosting both the Matity boys, you are truly both class acts!!! As for mr. "Snot Rocket", hmmmmm, it takes a real man not to get distracted by such petty issue's! winkgrin

Jason Matity hooked and landed this special fish, he deserves a ton of credit for keeping his composure during the lengthy battle that unfolded before us that afternoon. Jeff Matity also deserves a lot of credit for possessing the skills and for also maintaining his composure for helping his little brother ice the fish. Hats off to both of you and to everyone else who was there to share in the experience!

Here's one more look at the fish. Once again Jeff is posing with Jason's fish simply because he had only one thing on his mind and that was to get the massive walleye out of the sub-zero temps and into the protection of a heated Clam Thermal Hub ice shelter. Thank for your intelligent and fast response Jeff! If this huge female walleye could talk I'm sure she would have thank you as well!

IMG_1609589-1.png

PS. Jeff & Jason are you boys going to be joining Al P. up here on the March 12th event...hint, hint! wink

For those who would like to see this beauty being caught on video, checkout the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/catsontheredcanada

Yes Jeff we all have a few things we do that make us say, "FUDGE" and this photo depics one of those times. I took my glasses off to take the photo as I usually do. Notice them sitting on the chair! Need I say more...yes my fat little butt sat on them. $500.00 worth.

NiceWalleye.jpg