• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some random pics from this season

Scoot

I didn't get a ton of good pics this archery season, but I already posted quite a few from our Sep trip out to Western ND. I've got a few other random pics that some people might like to see. If others have any pics from their year of hunting, I'd love it if you'd share them with us.

Here's a doe that really wanted me to shoot her. I did, but with my camera.

DSC00176.jpg

Here's a small buck that trotted by my ground blind a couple weeks ago.

DSC00195.jpg

Here's a pic that I really like- there's a bedded muley in the middle of the pic, just to the bottom left of the big juniper tree.

DSC00190.jpg

I ended up backing out 1/2 mile, going down the draw 1 mile, across the draw 1 mile, back towards the deer 1 mile, and finally got here:

DSC00192.jpg

The closer juniper in the bottom right of the pic is the one the buck was bedded beneath. I wanted to get another pic of the buck in his bed from inside of 40 yards, but it didn't work out. I got to 20 yards from him, but I just couldn't find him. Eventually I decided I must have the wrong tree and tried to work my way down the spine I was on to the other tree. That's when he busted me from the exact spot I had been looking at. If I had moved two feet further right, I'd have seen him plain as day! Bummer...

OK, I showed mine- now you show yours! I'll do all I can to get a few more pics over the next few weeks and I'll be sure to share them with everyone.

You must have one heck of a camera!

I have a pretty good camera, but nothing like what is out there. It'd be pretty easy to get a grand into a set up (in a big hurry-- go to the photography forum and see how many of them spent less than $1000 on their current set up!), but my camera cost less than half that. It's a good one, but not high end by any means. It's also a "camera for dummies" and not a fancy-schmancy one. It's a "bridge camera", meaning it's kind of half way between the cheap point and shoot cameras and the high end SLR cameras. I like it, but not as much as a new one that is out that I wish I had waited for (Panasonic Lumix FZ35). If you shop around you can get the FZ35 for well under $300.

i hear ya on todays cameras! i've got a canon powershot something or another, 9 MP, 10X optical zoom, 40X overall zoom, an easy camera to operate, and it was less than 300 bucks. we went to a nascar nationwide race this summer, and i was able to take pics of cars coming out of the corners at 130 MPH from across the track, and it looked like they were parked next to each other. a nice pic of k busch and c edwards!

Nice pics swampbuck! I really like the last one!! It gives me flashbacks to our elk hunting trips and the grueling packs we had with the elk on our backs. Assuming the last pic tells the story I think it does, have you ever considered carrying game bags and taking care of the deer using the gutless method? You can debone the deer in the field and carry it out on your back in gamebags in your pack (you'll need the right pack obviously). One guy can take a whole deer and two guys can do it with 1/50 the effort seen in your last pic. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing your pics! I wish more people would share some pics here...