• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wild deer

here are a few of the deer we've caught out in the wild

IMG_7618copy.jpg

this one is a beauty of a buck whom come out while I was in a tree stand,, (yes hunting) it's blurry due to me shaking,, hence the images are not great, but I was thrilled to actually capture 3 frames with my camera!!

IMG_7360copy.jpg

IMG_7361copy.jpg

well there's a story that goes along with this,, if your so inclined,, read on...............

we had some friends come in from Utah this year for hunting the elusive White Tail. what a fun filled 2 weeks it was,, so between us all,, we were legal to take 6 animals. their 2 bucks, and our 2 buck tags, along with 2 doe surplus tags.

day 1- one buck down (hubby's tag)

day 2- one buck down (Utah friends tag)

day 3- one buck down (Utah friend filled my buck tag)

day 4- one doe down (hubby's tag)

day 5- one doe down (This one I can elaborate on cuz I did the deed) I was in my tree stand and a pair of animals come out,, I knew there was one with her,, but he wouldn't come out to the clearing, so I dropped the doe in her tracks,, then I heard a crash crash crash in the thick bush on the perimeter of the opening I was watching,, and voila,, out pops this beauty buck... now I could have shot him,, and oh my did I want to,, but we all agreed that nobody was going to fill the last buck tag because it belonged to our buddy's wife (whom hasn't taken a deer yet) so we wanted to make sure she did her own killin.... hence the images I captured with my camera instead.

so the last day of the hunt,, I shot my doe,, and shot this beauty buck with my camera,, when hubby come to help me drag her out,, we heard the crack of a 308,, and shortly thereafter,, we heard on our radios,, "BUCK DOWN!!!!!" she got her buck after all,, so I was glad I didn't take this gorgeous animal,, he's gonna be bigger next year!!

so that's it.. that's why I don't have pics of me holding his horns.