• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowhunting /Muzzzleloading ND

lungdeflator

Whose out there bowhunting/muzzleloading in North Dakota? I hunt an area were there was alot of corn and now about 30 acres left. There were only 5 sets of tracks total when I walked around saturday morning in the cornfield and the windrow by it. Where did they all go?

I've bowhunted ND a couple times in the past week or so. With the recent snowfall the deer may very well have pulled out of the area you've been seeing them and headed to their wintering areas. I don't know this, but it's a reasonable guess if you were seeing them there and are no longer.

BTW, was yesterday the last day of the muzzloader season in ND?

The area I hunted yesterday had a large cornfield (400-500 acres) around it and there was still plenty of sign but a lot of it was small tracks. I only saw four deer and all were fawns so the mature deer could have started their move already. I think I'm going to take the weekend off and let the muzzly hunters finish up.

Harvey, did you have any luck with your muzzleloader out in ND?

ok im gonna talk to the landowner and see what happened during rifle season because that was the first time i was up there for 3 weeks. what are your guys' thoughts on baiting in ND? I no its legal but i dont think i could shoot a deer off it...

If your goal is to shoot A deer, then yes, baiting works well, especially later in the season. Just don't expect any mosters to show during shooting light.

Originally Posted By: lungdeflator
ok im gonna talk to the landowner and see what happened during rifle season because that was the first time i was up there for 3 weeks. what are your guys' thoughts on baiting in ND? I no its legal but i dont think i could shoot a deer off it...

If your goal is to shoot A deer, then yes, baiting works well, especially later in the season. Just don't expect any mosters to show during shooting light.

Yep, I totally agree with Donbo. Also, if you dump some corn you don't need to hunt right over the top of it. Get on a trail that leads to it and follow it back a couple hundred yards.