• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BBQers unite!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BigDave2, did you ever get that UDS done? I'm getting the itch to try my hand at one, too. I found some food grade 55 gal drums on Clist for $13 each, with lids. Might have to run up and pick one up. I haven't had a lot of luck with smoking meats, but it sounds like these are simple, cheap, and easy to experiment with. Any thoughts?

Thanks for bumping this; I'm starving for ribs now!

I havn't built mine yet but I have it all planned out. Just looking for a barrell without having to drive to timbucktoo to get it! Where are you getting yours? Be careful of the food grade barrels. A lot of the time they will have a liner inside that is very hard to get off. You might be better off with one that is not food grade and just do a good burn out or 2 to get rid of any nasties.

I have been researching this for over a year now and I think I have a really good simple design planned so if you need any help let me know. [email protected]

My neighbor and I are thinking about starting a BBQing club. No fees or dues, just a bunch of like minded people getting together once a month to cook some good BBQ and share tips. Anyone interested?

Good looking turds and thighs. Any movement on a UDS yet? I've procured 2) barrels and 2) 22 1/2" weber grills for a pair of UDSs. Started working on the first, and will probably make the second to give to a family member this summer. Haven't finished or cooked on one yet, though.