• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

power source?

walleye 4 me

The sled motor still has to provide electricity to run the lights and hand warmers so your only problem would be splicing into the wiring before it gets to the on and off switch's and that it is providing 12 volts. Just pull a bulb and it should state what voltage it needs.

Slightly different question, maybe rookie question wink , but can you wire a 12v outlet from a sled without a battery?...

Yes, with a bit of work. I'll bet you'll find the current is A/C on a sled w/out a battery, so you need to put in a rectifier to convert the current to DC. A small battery wouldn't hurt either to clean up the power supply.

Let me go see if I can find a schematic:

Tim

Edit: - Can't post a link, but a bit of google will yield you a do-it-yourself version, or you can just purchase Polaris 12 volt DC kit PN# 2872214.

I was crazy one night and experimented with wiring up a cigarette plug into sled wires after taking some voltage tests....let's say I'm glad I didn't plug my GPS in for the initial test. It fried an old cell phone instead. Voltage got too low to handle.

Find a spot to put a small gel cell battery under the hood, secure the battery down somehow, run a couple feet of wire and good to go. Been doing it for years, no problems.

your sled runs on ac. you need to make a rectifier/regulator if you dont have a battery. here is a schematic http://www.numbskull.com/snowmo/gps/schematic.asp

I just made one a week ago and it work great. the part# are not right but radio shack has all the stuf in stock the Rectifier 200V 1A may not be there but I used a 400v 4A and it works fine just dont forget a inline fuse