• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers Hoops- Suspensions

Barony

White, Bostick suspended from Gophers basketball team

By MYRON MEDCALF, Star Tribune

Freshman Royce White and senior Devron Bostick have been suspended indefinitely from the Gophers men's basketball team for a violation of team rules, coach Tubby Smith said Tuesday morning. Smith provided no additional details about the disciplinary action.

White, a forward who is considered one of the nation's top recruits, attended basketball-power Hopkins during his senior season after being asked to leave De La Salle during his junior year.

The Gophers open their exhibition season Thursday night against the University of Minnesota-Duluth at Williams Arena at 7 p.m. The season opener is Nov. 13 against Tennessee Tech (Williams Arena, 7 p.m.).

Not really going to make a judgement decision on this because I'm not sure what the infractions are but, as mentioned on another thread, this is happening all over the NCAA. Some kids appreciate a free education while others don't and maybe never will. It's unfortunate, especially when only 10% of all NCAA players become pros.

Heard this over the lunch hour. I'm hoping they release some information...a friend of mine that works basketball camps said there is some recreational psychoactive drug use by a few members of the team (heard this from a friend who worked the camp with these guys so its rumor), I'm sure that shocks most of you.

I'm hoping its something minor but don't forget White has had past problems.

None of this stuff surprises me anymore. You pump these athletes full of crazy entitlement ideas since they're 10 and responsibility and accountability go right out the window.

I'd hate to be responsible for the goat rodeo that is keeping these guys eligible.

and Kris Humphries is where??? Royce White is good,, but if he don't play- he's not Big Ten Player of the YEar like I think Humphries was,, and should've never left early.

ANd BIG10 Player of the Year,,, who cares when your playing agst the NBA day in and day out.

Most of these players may be the best in HS and Div 1,, but the NBA is a different ball game all together, and most don't realize it till too late.

Sad to see Royce get in trouble.. hopefully he gets his' head out of his arse.

CJH--

if that's the case, than Royce should win Big10 player of the Year this year. No way. ROyce is not nearly as athletic as Kris was at the same time.( I personally coached KH,, so I might be biased) Humphries dominated the Big 10 as a freshmen. The only difference is; one left too early, the other may not get chance to leave at all.

I was upset at KH leaving early,, more upset at the actions of White. I love Gophers B-ball,, but I hope Royce learns the hard way from this,, it will make him a better player and person in the longrun.