• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Velcro!!!!!!

GFNER

What do you guys think of velcro? It seems everything has it now. Last night was one of those nights where i swear you could hear a pin drop in the woods, I could hardly move a finger without it sounding like I was ripping my coat right off myself....gotta get rid of this stuff before it gets me busted!

Yes, last night was one of those magical, quiet times. I swear you could hear a moth fart 100 yards away. Only thing I can say about velco, it open all when you get to the stand because you cannot conceal the noise later.

My release is velcro and I havent had a problem with it, but I really wouldnt get anything else that is velcro. Well the blind I recently bought has velcro windows for the camo mesh but I tore that right off, right away!

Ya..tell me about last night was perfect with a cool front moving throw right before dark, you'd think perfect for deer movement, but instead the one neighbor and his boy thought it would be cool to run with their 4 wheelers at 5:30, and the the other neighbor on the otherside of my grandpa's property was cleaning barn with his bobcat & let his dogs out barking like crazy that was from 4 til 6:30. Oh and on the other neighboring property that borders my grandpas land there were some kids walking in between the corn fields and prviously chopped corn rows at 6:00. So talk about hoping to have some piece and quiet and maybe see a deer! I am just going to have to hunt this property during the week.

The stuff works great but it has cost me a deer before. I was bow hunting in late December and didnt wear my release out to my stand for some reason that day, I got up in my stand and was trying to cool off from the long walk through the snow. After about 5 minutes in my stand I looked up and there was a nice buck already in the corn about 60 yards away. I was going to clip on my release when I realized I didnt have it on yet! Long story short no matter how slowly and carefully you try to peel velcro apart every deer around is going to hear it and bolt. If I woulda had a buckle release I probably woulda got a shot at a nice buck that night.

Velcro bites. Hasn't cost me a shot yet, but someday it will, just a matter of time. Some of the glove/mittens have magnets underneath the cloth, don't know if they would work on backpacks and such. Much quieter though. I also have a velcro release strap, and go to the exteme of pulling on end of release after putting it on to get rid of as much of the noise as possible. Whoever decided to put that stuff on hunting gear must not have ever hunted deer!

Agreed.

I changed my release from a wrap around style to a simple hand held one. My velcro one is my spare.

My velcro pocket flaps get pulled open then tucked inside my pockets once I'm on stand so I can reach in and out quietly.

Snaps are best especially if the tops are covered in fabric.

My question: Why do all the straps for most things come in black? Why not brown, green, gray or something less strong. Probably only because it looks better on the shelf. But it's easier to pick it out on the hunt.

I have noticed on my last few hunts that the exposed velcro on my release attatches itself very nicely to my new microfiber rain coat each time they brush up against eachother. I'm looking forward to the time when a deer comes out and I have to quietly peel my release away from my jacket before I can clip it on the string.

I can deal with it on my release but why do they put it on so many gloves? End up using those for bird hunting saving the ones without velcro for bow hunting.

That and what's with the ties at the bottom of pant legs?