• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please Help - Honda Rubicon vs. Yamaha Griz 550

UNDBowhunter

Go to the dealer and ride new ones, then go to C-list and purchase an 07 or 08 with 250 or under miles for 6000-6500. For that money you could get a Gizz 700 with EPS, Can-Am outlander XT 650 or 800 for that matter or a Rincon 680 (if you can find one).

I've only seen one 550 Griz sell on C-list so far since they just came out, but if you can get the 700 for the same price; why not.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll never own a better machine then a polaris, untill you get one, you are below and behind the rest of the pack!

That is one of the most rediculous things i have EVER heard!! You polaris guys are affraid to drive other machines cause you don't want to realize the HUGE mistake you made with purchasing a polaris!

how about ride them pick which ever one you like best and best suits your needs and when you do get one spend more time riding it than fighting about it on the internet just my opinion

This is the smartest post on this whole thread! Who cares what morons on the internet say, are you going to let them ride it for you too?!

Originally Posted By: arcticcat400
how about ride them pick which ever one you like best and best suits your needs and when you do get one spend more time riding it than fighting about it on the internet just my opinion

This is the smartest post on this whole thread! Who cares what morons on the internet say, are you going to let them ride it for you too?!

AGREED........best thing to do is ride every brand and go into it with an open mind cause no matter what brand you buy someone is going to say it is junk and you should have bought something else, but as stated before, they are not the ones riding it......you are!!

Yes, you should ride as many machines as you can. Pick the one you want that fits the bill for how you are going to use it and what you can afford. I had an '05 Honda Rubicon and traded this summer for an '08 Can-Am 650XT. The Rubicon was/is a good machine. It was a workhorse plain and simple. Didn't have the smoothest ride, but I didn't buy it for trail riding. Used it mostly on the farm and fishing. The only issue I had with it was cold weather starting. She was a cold-blooded gal. Had to choke and prime more than I care too. That is why I went with the Can-Am. Really wanted EFI. My two cents. Hope you are able to get some helpful advice off this site and enjoy your new wheeler!

RED

Agreed, ride all brands before you buy one.....you will be buying a polaris. For you poeple who say polaris break down...what types of problems are they having, I have had polaris for years and never a problem.

Rode a buddies Rubicon this weekend and it's way under powered, a lot slower then my polaris and very uncomfortable. Also, the looks of Hondas and yamahas are terrible.

Agreed, ride all brands before you buy one.....you will be buying a polaris.[/quote

Are you trying to be a comedian....seriously??? If a person is to ride them all, polaris would be probably be last on the list!! Talk about underpowered, i raced a 700 sportsman v-twin efi this weekend and beat it without a problem with a 650 kawi brute v-twin carburated!! That rubicon may be slower but is geared alot lower and definetly has more power!!

gr8ice....No, I am not kidding. By the way I had to laugh a little when you said you had a kawi! Hate it or love it, but polaris is in my opinion the best buy for the money. As far as power, I will tow as much as any honda any day, Kawi, well, they are not even in the same class.

Buck we'll have to continue this on a different thread!! AS for dozer........did you test drive any machines yet??

Dozer isn't the original poster looking for a new machine. Which brings us back to the OP's original question in regards to 2 specific machines.......a Honda Rubicon and the Yamaha Grizzly 550.

Let's try to keep this on topic.

Buck we'll have to continue this on a different thread!! AS for dozer........did you test drive any machines yet??

Ive ridden them ALL Yamaha, Kawasaki, Polaris, Suzuki, Can-am, and Cat. There is something to be said for all of them. You guys have way too much time on your hands if you cant find anything else to do but argue about what someone else should buy. Do you like your machine? Great! I like mine too! Now lets go RIDE!

Originally Posted By: gr8icefishinmind

Do you like your machine? Great! I like mine too! Now lets go RIDE!

Well put Dozer.

Sorry dozer....i thought that you had started this topic! That comment about of mine probably didn't sound very nice! It wasn't meant for you!

UNDbowhunter......did you test drive any machines or buy yet???

Originally Posted By: gr8icefishinmind

Sorry dozer....i thought that you had started this topic! That comment about of mine probably didn't sound very nice! It wasn't meant for you!

UNDbowhunter......did you test drive any machines or buy yet???

Dont worry about it, no offense taken.

Well....I picked up my new machine this weekend. I ended up buying the 09 Honda Rubicon. Not the best ride, but I like the idea of the solid rear axle for work.....and also like the solid track record of Honda. I did ride the Yamaha and the Polaris also, very nice machines but overall I really liked the Honda for my needs. I didn't ride the Kawasaki or Suzuki due the distance to the nearest dealer (Bemidji)