• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted about the Wild this year. Wow! What a difference compared to the last regime! I like the change. Havlat and Latandresse (sp?) are really clicking. Our defense has been pretty good except we give up more goals with our new style of play. Odd man rushes like crazy.

I wonder why we don't have more goals by our d-men? It seems like we get quite a few shots off with traffic in front. Are our D-men's slappers that bad?

ssavre- Is your cell number the same? I txted you yesterday to go fishing sometime. I enjoy reading your posts. Plus I need to ask you ?'s about your dog. Peace.

That was a great game. I have alot more respect for Harding after watching that gutty performance. I hope the Wild can get their goaltending back in order.

Marty Havlat is looking the player of last year. Its fun watching him and my new favorite wild player Lantandresse!!!

I wonder why we don't have more goals by our d-men? It seems like we get quite a few shots off with traffic in front. Are our D-men's slappers that bad?

A lot of times someone else gets the goal because the shot from the point goes off someones leg, skate, or body.

Nice finish by Borat, it's very NICE!! And great save by Harding. Hope he's not out for any length of time.

That game was really fun to watch. Hope they can keep it rolling on the homestand. We need it.

Originally Posted By: beerfish

A lot of times someone else gets the goal because the shot from the point goes off someones leg, skate, or body.

Or it's Johnnson shooting from the point 10ft. wide. With garbage goal veterans like Nolan and Brunette in front we really should be getting more on net at least.

Great game last night btw. I hope Harding can recover as he seemed to be hurting pretty bad. You know it's serious when a player can't suck it up to get off the ice on his own....unless it's Kim Johnnson. grin

Looking forward to the Philadelphia game coming up....I've always enjoyed watching Chris Pronger.

Our D dont score because we dont have any offenseive D men. Zidlicky is the only one with any points, and they are assists, which is great. The worst thing to happen to our D was signing Johnsson. He makes like $4mil a year and was suppose to be our big scorer. That didnt work and now it is hard to justify paying another D man big money like that to score goals, when Johnsson and Burns make so much money. I think they are a big reason our PP sucks too.

Tonights game will surely be a fun one. Hopefully throw fists-a-cufts.

Beerfish, some number. I dont know if i can fish with a guy who ends his post by saying "peace" though.

Khudobin looked great tonight, we needed someone to step up with the injurys, and he filled the bill.

I'm with ya' man. The kid played one hell of a game. Did anyone catch his interview after the game. He was on cloud 9! I would be too! On a related note, Nolan seems to really step it up when the team really needs it. We definitely feed off his play.

He sure did! I think it helped having a packed house that was cheering him on the enitre game. Some guys really shine when they get called up and get to play in front of tons of screaming fans. Hopefully he can keep playing solid during his fill in role. It will be interesting to see him play on the road, if he has to.

I never even thought about the Olympics. My guess is yes, and that is maybe why he didnt come back sooner. He wanted to make sure he wasnt reinjured keeping him out of the olympics. I hope he isnt over played in the olympics. We need him healthy when he returns.

My thoughts too, I am deep down hoping he sits during the olympics so hes good and fresh!!! If we are in position to make a run for the playoffs we are going to need to rely on Backstrom and hes is going to need to win us a few games

LOL. Deep down I hope he sits so the US can lay the hammer down on those Finns! Then he will be nice and ready for the 2nd half of the season. grin

That was a tough loss last night. Vrbata's goal was about as fluky as you could imagine. A shot a foot off the post hitting the side of the net deflects up and spins off of Backstroms back and into the goal with enough spin to roll itself back out. Magic Puck Theory???

ahhh man, Phoenix just has our number this year. 4 - 0 on the season. I was hoping we would have started the guy from last week, Khodubin, just because he earned it with that philly game. I am glad now we didnt start him. Wild were pretty flat last night. Shots were even but the yotes were just too fast for us. We had some pretty good streaks and tightened up a bit though.

If we could just get all cylinders firing were would be a good team. We need Havlat, Latend, and the Fins to all play good in the same game, but that could be said about a lot of teams.

Your right if we are sellers, we cant sell much. We cant start over again. The fans want a playoff team. We have been patient as we have been on the sidelines every year while other teams were making moves. We are just luckily this team has been fun to watch at home cause there are a lot of people that didnt renew season tickets last year, and there would be even more this year....

I think we will have a similar team next year. Plus Saku Koivu and maybe even Selane. I think Harding is gone, and i am hoping Shepard is too. I just wish didnt have so much money tied up in our Deffense