• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC Kimbo Slice

The Grebe

I guess the hype was answered...Kimbo got 'Sliced' in his first match. At 35 years old...maybe an old 35...maybe closer to 45, His better days of fighting in peoples back yards is behind him!

He has the showmanship, but in the octagon, that doesn't count for anything. I guess he'll get another chance? Dana White is gonna do what he has to do, to run that train to the end of the track!

He messed it up big time... he was in there with a guy who was standing up with him. He should have gone and did his thing on his feet but nope, he wussed out. He's washed, if he can't hang with that fat guy, imagine what someone with some real ground game would do to him. As in shape as he looks, he was severely winded in the 2nd round.

Thats what they listed him at, 35 years old. Look at his skin, thats not a 35 year olds skin! All the youthfullness is gone from it. Kimbo's muscled up, but so are alot of older fighters, Ken Shamrock being a good example. He's over 40 and I don't think even he looked as old as Kimbo?

But, but, if he is an older fighter, he does pretty dam good in the stand up....which will take him no place unless he fights a bum, or gets lucky and lands one.

Dana White is right to hype the heck out of him. It gets ratings. The guy is not even close to being a well rounded fighter, and to get beat by that fat tub of lard would make me quit fighting. Kimbo had ZERO takedown defense, even a HS wrestler could have done better then he did. He was hesitant on his feet, just not good.

He will get UFC fights. Look at all the guys who lost TUF and are fighting in UFC now. I bet good money that he is back sometime during this show.

He will be alright, just read an article saying how he has been doing a lot of training with some pretty well known MMA fighters. He just needs to learn a little take down Defense. I will agree with how disappointing the show was last night. He is most likely just a marketing ploy and at age 35 even if he was to make it wont have that long of a career left. No matter how bad of a ufc fighter everyone says he is I dont know one person that would go tell him to F off!! anyone with a brain anyhow. he is one bad lookin dude!

That girl can fight! She is really easy to look at to! Man, what a babe! I think she does some modeling aside from the fighting. She sure isn't your run of the mill female fighter, thats for sure.....she can put it together just like the guys.

But I think that maybe the ranks of female fighters isn't deep enough to sustain them on the UFC calendar? Alot of em that I seen fight, shouldn't of been in there...more then a few were pushing 40 years old!

Watch, now that I've said that, Dana white will come out with a female crew in the house, fighting for a contract!

I have been watching this season of ultimate fighter and have to say, I have actually been impressed with Kimbo as a person. He works hard, dosnt complain, has fun, and is way more articulate and funny than was expected. Hes an old dog whos new to this but I bet you see him get alot better. I'd love to see him fight that same slob again at the end of the season. That dude is anoying, even Dana was sick of him...

I was surprised they stopped the fight. Kimbo was getting hit on top of the head, no way that hurt him at all. He was out of gas though...

If the Ultimate fighter heavyweights on this show are the future, Brock will have the title forever, and have no competition! When the big ex football player fought the smaller guy I thought it was the biggest joke for a fight that there ever was? The big guy thought that he was so big he could dominate the smaller opponent just with size and strength? They were so terribly out of shape they had their hands on their hips and were standing there or stumbling backwards the last 8 minutes of a 10 minute fight! Kimbo is a pathetic MMA fighter, and Fat boy Nelson is not much better!

Yup, unless there is a sleeper on that show, any good new heavyweight is going to have to come from somewhere else! But, there are quite a few fights left on the show, maybe a star will rise?

Brock would wade through both Kimbo and 'Big Country' one right after the other. Should have nicknamed Nelson 'Big Belly' instead of 'Big Country'...'Big Roundy'...'Big Jiggly'..'Big Sammich'....'Big Jello'...all kinds of names would have been more appropo!

so far it has been pathetic. except the guy on the first show. he took a massive cut and continued. toughness can take you far if you can be tought. there is a lot of guys in the HW division already that will get title shots before these clowns like big belly nelson. if you watch that episode he says how you can stop a a fight with baby slaps by sprawling the bottom guy out. and thats what he did. very very pahetic for a fighter in my opinion

"Big Sammich" That's a good one! This Ultimate Fighter show can't get any more lame than the last one I hope? They should bring in a couple of the 170-185 lb UFC fighters and then you'd get to see some action, as the smaller feller's would kick the snot out of these big, slow, out of shape "fighters"!

That Cyborg must be a rough customer, Carano is good! But as far as it goes, she is a lot better to look at then kimbo Slice, or Big Sammich! There are only a couple of female fighters that I would watch and not only for reasons of fighting!