• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Xbox 360 freezing after update?

Bigbartguy

Anyone else having problems with their Xbox360 after the weekend update?

after update, tried to play COD WAW and 2 minutes into the game my console makes a shrieking noise and freezes. Reboot, same thing. Reboot with different game, same thing.

Wont let me play anymore than 2 mins of game and it locks up.

anyone else having these probs with the update?

thanks!

thanks Dealy. I walked thru their troubleshooting steps and it didnt help. I ALSO got the 3 lights of death while I was doing it, but rebooted and then cleared my memory cache.

I have not been 'frozen' or had the death lights since. Played for about an hour last night.

After seeing the red lights once, I have feeling whatever I've done is a short-lived fix at best. Probably on it's last legs

It depends which lights u get. A good idea would be getting a can of air and dusting it out as best you can. This can make a system run a lot cooler, preventing the simple heat related RRoD. Microsoft wasn't smart in not letting people open their system, or at least in providing easy dusting means. I have to dust my PC every 3 months how do they expect the 360 to last with it's undersized heatsink and small enclosure?

Anyways I did get mine fixed after warranty, UPS should be bringing it any minute now. Just call until you get the right representative, say something about them losing your live account business and they'll fix it.

you cant play on the online system without accepting the updates, so not downloading them is only a temporary option, unless youre willling to give up online play.

I sent my Xbox in this week. It's IN warranty for the 3 rings of death issue, but NOT for anything else. Since I only received the 3 rings once (and only once), I'm hoping that I'm still covered.