• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Verizon Blackberry Storm

crothmeier

There is nothing wrong with the Curve. Solid device.

Rule #1 of cell phones: Never believe the cell provider CSR at the store or by phone. Ever. They are notorious for knowing little to nothing except for what people who come into stores tell them, and that's mostly rumor anyway.

got the storm coming for free. should be here today, i have a 7 hour ride down to kansas city this weekend so i'll have plenty a time to mess around with it! hopefully it all works out and i like it.

You do realize the Twins game is in MN this weekend right?? The games in KC were last weekend. laugh

i was at the nascar race in Kansas City. boy those people with their below average sports team still have alot of spirit! everyone had on team colors. we did rub it in to people we say that we won.

after 1st weekend with the storm i noticed the battery lasted pretty much one day, then again i was messing around with it constantly, so it might be better if im not on it constantly. im getting better at the touch screen everyday, it definitly takes getting used to. As far as ease of use, i havent looked at the manual yet, and have figured out mostly everything i will use the phone for. im sure there are tons more things it is capable of that i havent discovered.

I have had a storm now for a little while. I think the storm needs a longer break in period than other typical phones. The tour is the best option, but for the price you will like the storm. It will be a good phone to learn the blackberry system. I believe the tour is the same software as the storm, just upgraded and not solely a touch screen (if at all??).

It sounds like what you are going to be using the phone for you will like it. A couple apps that you should get...1. there is an app that will re-set your phone everyday at a set time of day--this will help your phone tremendously in terms of running speed. 2. you can get an app that locks the phone while you are talking on it to avoid hitting speaker phone or mute---i don't like/use this b/c i use bluetooth, but also b/c then you can't mute or put it on speaker if you need to. 3. Pandora internet radio 4. iheart radio - pretty much any live radio station in any city in the U.S. Also get google maps then you will never get lost! Hope you like personalizing your phone...it takes lots of TIME.

whats the app called that cleans/resets your phone everyday?

anyone have any other great apps that are a must-have?

i just upgraded the operating software on mine to 5.0, and in the meantime the backup failed and i lost EVERYTHING. im in the process of trying to figure out what i all lost, some of which i would have had to buy back, but i got a good customer service rep at verizon that walked me through being able to get back the apps that originally came with the phone, and she credited me back what i had to pay to re-get some of the apps. A+ on verizon's part for what probably was my own mistake.

i spent about 3 hours on my phone/computer last night reverting back to my old software, and re-backin gup some of the stuff that errored the first time i tried it, i now have it where i want it and its working better now than when i first got it!

i like the google maps app, its free and you can plug in a address on the go and it figures out your current location (close to, its not a full gps) and gives you directions from there.

After I upgraded the Software yesterday I lost multiple phone numbers. I am not a fan at all of the new texting layout. If I wanted my texts to look like Instant Messenger, I would use Instant Messenger. Big Mistake lol

Yeah Im not too keen on the texting either, its alot like the blackberry messenger setup. I was able to get my numbers back, althought it was a painful process. There are things I like about the 4.7 version and 5.0

Quickpull twice now has errored in restarting my phone causing my alarm to not go off in the morning. i deleted it and will try re-downloading another time. I had it set up to run at 3:00am when I was sleeping

I usually carry my phone in my sock, so I can feel the vibrate better on equipment, but then the phone would get quite dirty too from the dust, and that didn't help the touch screen.

You keep your phone in your sock? Is that uncomfortable or what? Interesting concept I guess.