• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lost

Cenaiko Lake

Anybody try it since open-water opener? Last time I was there a bunch of Hmong kids were playing around in the water, splashing, throwing sticks and rocks in the water, and scaring everything half to death. I didn't even see the usual smallies around the pier.

My wife and I tried it yesterday....we started for Mille Lacs in the afternoon, evil looking sky turned us back around at Cambridge. We retooled and headed for the Trout pond...paid the parking fee, got down to the spot, wind was steady from the south. We got to the spot and the wind switched to the north, then east then west, then all of the above...got in about 5 minutes of fishing, caught 1 stick! everyone cleared out. Asked acouple of people and all they got were afew little crappies.

Don't waste your time their. That lake is a sham. Ive spent over 15 hrs there, no trout, 2 carp 5 sunnies.
WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, I've caught rainbow's in there before. Usually when I'm not paying attention to the line did they hit. Obviously people just aren't finding the right depth or the right spot. Kinda wish I still had my SmartCast system to help locate them.

But I must also point out that fishing in that area (up at the dam) has been slow, period.

Cenaiko Lake can be pretty good if you fish at the right time of day and use the right gear. We have found that morning, until about 8:00 and evening, are the most productive times. Nothing heavier then 4# test, small everything. Summer and winter, we have been able to glean trout out of there...crawlers, small spinners and wobblers, little Raps, prepared bait, corn all kinds of stuff...sometimes you have to experiment and find what works, but the first week after the opener, things start to slow down and get tougher, but they can still be had.

for the winter opener its very good trout fishing because they stock it with tons of trout right before they open it gotta get there early thoughs its a circus out there

Scott,
Couldn't agree with you more. I live close by the lake and use it to practice fly casting and catch tons of tiny sunnies out of that lake, and the occasional mini smallie makes it fun to horse around on, figure out technical stuff, etc. on days when I can't get out to a real fishery, the Twins are on the headphones, and I brought my deet. Otherwise it's a bear to deal with Cenaiko.
As for trout, forget about it. They get killed the day after they get stocked.
Lots of weed growth and bathtub warm water.
AND all the trash strewn about makes the pond tough to stomach, unless you enjoy fishing elbow to elbow on a 15 acre puddle rimmed with empty pop cans, worm tins and other garbage.
It would be fun to take a small canoe out to the middle, but for some reason, all flotation devices are banned. Must be to preserve the three trout that live a week after being stocked. Another restriction to preserve this fine fishery is live bait. Even though everyone on the pond uses leeches, worms and minnows. Must not understand the signs I guess. But the second I would put a canoe in I'm sure I'd get tagged. If you frustrate easily, avoid Cenaiko and all its double standards. Go to Courthouse in Chaska.

Is it "all live bait" or is it limited to "live fish" as bait?