• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

52 days and counting.....

Meat-Run

Yup as I type this there is exactly 52 days till I can walk to my deer stand and hope for the big one to come by. I have a nice little bachelor group in my area that I hope stick around till the 19th. I'm sooooo excited for another year!!!!!

mr

no, velvet isnt relative to the temp. Does have a 7 month gestation, or pregnant for 7 months. fawns around us were born 3 weeks or later than average this year. bucks drop their head gear according to their bodies drop in testoserone. late fawns means it was a late rut, which means they had their antlers on longer this winter, hence started growing them later, hence be in velvet later into the year. make sense ?

I'm in the process of setting up stands now to give the deer enough time to get used to the new additions to there home. I also have made new trails last year and noticed that the deer are using them consistently and now I can make them funnel through areas that are easy for me to get in and out without detection. This is a great summer project that I will benefit in the long run.

mr

Yes, the itch is starting to burn a bit in me as well. Worked on cleanup on my trails last night, cutting out trees with telltale disc blade gouges in them. Disc was a little wider than I thought in a few places... Need to get done working that so I can get some rye in by September 1st. Sprayed it dead 3-4 weeks ago.

Started scheduling my evenings for when I'm going to check permanents & hang portables at some of the properties I hunt.

Lets see WI opener is 9/12 & I'm going to be there for that this year, so 42 days & counting for me, at least until I head East...

I have the itch as well, this cool summer weather has got me switching gears from fishing although the best is yet to come. Meat-Run are we still going to get together like we talked last year or has this bachelor group changed your mind. grin