• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$15 my man. Apologize for the subliminal type message. :P

XBox guys, for us PS3'ers do you think the new maps are worth the $15? How many have bought them and would recommend them?

Starting to play God of War 3 more than MW2..........

Personally I think $7-$10 would have been a better price target. I knew my playing time would fall off as the summer got near, but I wanted to have them so I could jump on and get into a game with people on my friends list.

But I think $15 is a little high.

I think it's worth it, it keeps you in the loop and I really like the new maps. A little high but so is everything else these days.

My playing time has slowed way down too, Thursday nights are still on for me though. Unless the weather is perfect wink

I do not think the pricing is fair for the map pack. I think 800 points was more appropriate like they had with WaW (8-10$).

If they were all completely new maps then maybe $15 is better justified, but I don't like how they bundled my most hated maps fro COD4 into the package.

With that said, there's no way you can keep up with the online crowd if you don't buy the pack. You'll always be 'that guy' that everyone has to try and vote the maps down for, or get dropped every other round when they increase the frequency wink.

Most hated maps? Those maps, according to their data, were the most popular maps in COD4 and I would have to agree. What they've done to the lighting and detail of those "old" maps is fantastic and really brought them to life which made them even better. I understand that everybody has their favorite and hated maps, but the extra five help mix it up a little to maybe keep everyone satisfied.

I do agree that the $15 was a bit steep, but overall the maps are decent and it helps prevent the map rotation from getting stale. It gets old when you play a certain map what seems like many more times than other maps. The five additional maps keep things a bit more fresh.

They also said that another DLC is guaranteed before the end of the year but there were no specifics.

Modern Warfare 2 gamers have logged more than 1.75 billion hours in the game, just on Xbox Live. That's nearly 200,000 years. Other fun equivalences on the jump.

Two Hundred Thousand Years is Equal To:

• The combined lifespan of everyone living in Hettinger Co., North Dakota (population 2,564, 2006 Census estimates), assuming an average life expectancy of 78 years. So, take an entire county out in the middle of nowhere, hook them up to an Xbox 360 and have them do nothing but play this game from birth to death, that's how much gaming has been done.

Two Hundred Thousand Years Ago:

• Was the Middle Paleolithic Era, and the earliest evidence of behavioral modernity - i.e. Neanderthals painting cave walls and burying their dead. So the combined playtime on this game would be older than even basic civilized behavior. Which is, frankly, not surprising.

Two Hundred Thousand Light Years Is:

• Roughly twice the diameter of the Milky Way. If an alien on Planet Zantrar 5 on the opposite side of the galaxy hosted a match over a connection traveling at the speed of light, you could fit the entire Xbox Live multiplayer history of this game within the lag, twice.

You could also grow 73,000 meters of fingernails in that span, and Los Angeles would move north by about six miles.

I did prefix it with 'my' most hated maps smile.

I do agree that the introduction of the new maps keeps the rotation from getting stale. I guess I'm just greedy asking for completely new and fresh maps for the $15 that I probably could have spent quicker at the local chipotle.

The introduction of these maps has encouraged me to get back into the game, so no complaints there!

At first I waited with anticipation like millions of others. The day came and we got to play. The following day I was not liking them as much as I thought I would or in a way that I had become (liking) with the original maps. The first week I did find myself (after the integration with the originals) going back to the old maps. Today I prefer to play the new maps over most of the old ones. Maps I used to love (when they pop up for the next match) like Derail & Wasteland I find now bite the big one. grin My favs going now are Crash, Storm, Overgrown, & even Salvage. So (for me) at first be prepared for not liking them. Play them regularly for a couple weeks and things will change. It also depends on what style you play them in also. Some I like while playing Domination and others I like when playing Team Deathmatch.

IMO on the grand scale they should have been free. $50+ for the game and buying Xbox Live is more than I thought I would ever pay to play a video game. On the other hand, $15 is better than $30-$60. I am sure even at those prices people would have no issues with paying for them. wink

With Xbox, if you have the new maps and your friends do not, you can now play together. 2 weeks ago you could not in any way we tried. In your party screen it will display a red message under the users names saying something like "DSL dissabled". It seems to group you in a category of players who do not have the maps also. I am not sure if having them host or you hosting is better, but be prepared for some bugs occurring. Not sure why (and even with friends who have the maps it still happens) this happens, but having them (or you)dropped after the re-merge with other players happens all the time.

IMO since the new maps have came out, and maybe it is because more people are on-line, but the goofy junk has been way more noticeable. Some things I have never seen before (LFC could explain more) have been happening. I seem to always have a good connection, but even playing by myself I will get booted for no reason and get a "could not merge with host" message. Playing on my own before the maps came out I do not recall this ever happening???

Two Hundred Thousand Light Years Is:

• Roughly twice the diameter of the Milky Way. If an alien on Planet Zantrar 5 on the opposite side of the galaxy hosted a match over a connection traveling at the speed of light, you could fit the entire Xbox Live multiplayer history of this game within the lag, twice.

You could also grow 73,000 meters of fingernails in that span, and Los Angeles would move north by about six miles.

GEEK.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am leaning towards getting them, but just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Sidenote: Has anybody noticed the range of the Spas-12 shotgun has gotten alot longer/farther? Seems like it has almost gotten like the old 1887!

i hate the new maps. tried to play them and didnt like anything about them. seems like there is more campers then ever. finally got sick of it and deleted them off my harddrive. waste of 15$ oh well... i have found a new gun that i love to use. 44 magnum. if you've never played with it try it. its a blast

All I prefer is the new maps. I have not played for a couple days and jumped on last night. Boy MW2 on-line multi player is the toughest game to just start playing. grin I played about 3 matches and had to bail. I had a couple cold ones prior to jumping on and that even makes it harder. grin Last week and weekend I have just been swapping out unused guns, perks, anything to get XP before I prestige again. Down side is you forget about that stuff after jumping on after a couple days when the game starts. grin The the next intermission comes and you forget again. grin I was making crazy kills last weekend with the throwing knife. I had it still selected last night and could not hit the broadside of the Over Grown barn. grin I like the fact you can pull it back out of the enemy/wall or off the ground.

Campers only camp for so long. wink Marathon/Lightweight slashing freaks only last so long. wink

laugh

The shield is kind of a cool interesting twist. I'll throw it on every once in a while playing Domination, just for kicks. I know I hate playing against a team who has a guy like that!!

"search n destroy"

Man, that is almost all I play when I am able to get on now. grin It does make it more interesting than a mad scramble to kill or be killed. You actually have to try to stay alive or sit out till next round. Plus one head shot kill is 1000xp, a kill is 500xp, & and assist is 200xp.

I have a class set up exclusive for shield users (game after game) in search & destroy. First I have gone back to sniping because I get high kills from a distance and do not seem to have as many deaths. Plus when looking at that little stump marching back and forth defending the position, a sniper scope shows when his back is turned very easy. My perks are cold blooded (sniping reasons), steady pro (for the extra long holding in), then marathon. I use the normal scope, silencer and them FMJ (mainly trying to unlock extended mags). The biggest items though for fighting and even making a player choose another class next time other than a shield is a semtex stick bomb wink . That shield makes a great, big, smooth surface for close quarters tossing of the semtex. Blows them up every time. Then I use smoke to toss in before I go in and knife him from behind. Nice thing is you can easily complete the challenge of sticking a semtex to the enemies body when it is stuck to the shield.

Turnup what benifits have you found when using C4 in search & destroy? I can see the benefits in Domination. Just flip the clicker when you hear they are taking A,B, or C. Search & Destroy you have no clue of them setting the bomb or disabling the bomb (or even being next to) until after they finish and (like me) bolt on to safety. grin