• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

Ive played one big FM game on PS3 it was fun but that was a while ago and only that one time. Maybe there just isnt as many of us PS3 guys to always have a game. Also, I have a hard time hooking up with some guys our internet connections just dont play nice together.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My K/D ratio takes a big hit when playing Ground War Domination. Mostly because I’m a team player and the name of the game is flags. I’ll just keep bombarding a certain flag with rockets, frags, and smoke until our team gets it, then move to the next. Don’t even really concentrate on the kills, so I’m getting the snot pounded out of me in the meantime.

2 to 1 huh Shack? grin

I think the highest I’ve seen on my friends list is 1.47 whistle

Did you pull me from your friends list? I'm a little higher than that smile.

Man it looks like I've missed a lot over the past couple months, I need to get back into the game!

You guys still rendezvous on thursday nights for a little FMN action?

yeah where were you dtro?? I was expecting to see some carnage from your big pink RPGs but was let down.

It was a good feeling scoring my ac-130 two maps in a row. My re-gained ego was quickly destroyed in the games following though.

Quote:
and Shack was screaming "MARTYRDOM" all night!!

That was Mr. LFC last night wink. In down & dirty cage match style Domination, were you get that flag no matter what, the martydom perk is a great way to settle a score instantly lol.

Yep, if you have had a couple beers, jump on around 9:00pm cold, you should just go to bed. wink Pretty bad when my best showing was 13/35 whistle I did get 7 assists though. wink Should be on this weekend some time. Good times last night. Nothing like being crushed by a group of 10 year olds and right after hearing "see ya later guys. my mom said I have to go to bed.".. Ahhhh Only Xbox Live. grin

I had to shut it off.....I couldn't take Domination anymore. Even when we win it doesn't seem like much fun. There is little to no skill and it's just a cluster you-know-what until the game is over. Not to mention you eventually have some clown who sits off in the corner and gets a nuke.....and no LFC, it's not always "ours". smile

See I LOVE domination. I like to KNOW where the enemy needs to get, so I can setup and ambush them. Rather than a random someones bound to show up game.

One of my most favorite game types was in the original Ghost Recon. Basically there was a small base, and one team was offense, and the other team defended the base. No respawns. Once the offenders got to the base, they had to stay in the base for about 5 seconds to get the win. The defenders won when they killed all the offense.

There was some great strategery involved in the large maps. Not many kills were racked up, but man it was fun to lure the defender away from the base, and sneak in from the back. You could really use the weapons like they were designed with snipers, support weapons, and close combat.

I'm with ya Limit, I had to bail too. Between the caotic domination games and the lag I was experiencing from ground war I had enough. I tend to struggle anytime I play ground war because there are so many poeple playing I am usually the one getting owned. One thing I noticed lately is that if I see an enemy the same time he sees me it seams like I am getting killed before I get my gun up. It is not as bad if I am using sleight of hand pro but I am wondering if these guys using steady aim and not pulling up the gun and using the sights? Do most of you use your sights or steady aim?

I use my sights 90% of the time, the other ten is when I miss him with my knife and panic and just start pulling the trigger.

I LOVE the G-18's akimbo style with extended mags. It's the best close quarter gun I've come across.

I'm with ya Limit, I had to bail too. Between the caotic domination games and the lag I was experiencing from ground war I had enough. I tend to struggle anytime I play ground war because there are so many poeple playing I am usually the one getting owned. One thing I noticed lately is that if I see an enemy the same time he sees me it seams like I am getting killed before I get my gun up. It is not as bad if I am using sleight of hand pro but I am wondering if these guys using steady aim and not pulling up the gun and using the sights? Do most of you use your sights or steady aim?

Have you been able to catch them on the kill cam? I get frustrated with people killing me when it seems like I had the upper hand, the kill cam has typically revealed me standing out like an 1diot in those situations. It's also shown signs of a lag kill too (or I try to convince myself it was a lag kill anyways so I feel less threatened by a 12 year old's ability to throw down on me!).

Leechbait....try the Raffica's akimbo. One tap = 1 body. The G18's have nothing on them. I'm an admitted camper. I work myself into short range situations with those guns and just pile people up in front of me. Unless you come with a grenade or a launcher your proably not going to dig me out. You should see the hatemail I get. Too funny.

I just notice if I am not playing all day-every day, I am the one on the sharp end of the knife. grin

Also funny is you play for a hand full of hours, get warmed up, and then no matter what you use you are gowning down hill. I then shut it down and when I start up the next morning (on weekends), I am back in the saddle again. grin

If you do not get some Team D in before ground war, you are going to suffer IMO. If you switch from one another (Dom $ TD) it is not the easiest to adjust.

I think sometimes it may be lag that is getting me especially when I check my connection and I have 3 light green or 2 red bars and everyone else has 4 green bars. I do check the kill cam and have found myself sticking out like a sore thumb from time to time. I am always amazed when I watch some one kill me who is hiding behind something and cant see me, I always feel like I need to see and am probly sticking out too much of my body. Shack you are right about needing to play everyday to stay fresh. I haven't been playing as much and I have been struggling. I sometimes like camping out and when I do I and wish that the killcam didn't exist so my position woundn't be comprimised. I might have to give hardcore a try.

Quote:
(or I try to convince myself it was a lag kill anyways so I feel less threatened by a 12 year old's ability to throw down on me!).

LOL - Glad to know I'm not the only one.