• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to jump in the plow truck and tractor for another week for me?

I got on 3 days ago for an hour and my kills rating went from 800,000 something to 1.8M something.

I guess all the newbies that got it for Christmas have been shooting the crapola out of each other. grin

Hopefully by the end of the weekend all the salt will be spread and all the snow piles will be removed.

You don't loose emblems or titles, you actually gain more adding to your total when you prestige. You do loose all your weapons, attachments, killstreaks, perks and such. So you bascially have to rebuild it all up again. Which at this point where people are finally getting the hang of this game, is very hard. I prestiged and it's taken me twice as long already to get to 70 a 2nd time. I will not be going any farther. Ain't worth the hassle or the extra slot.

Yeah, you keep your emblems and titles you just restart at level one and go through the ranks again. When you prestige the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th time you get another customizable weapon slot. Also some emblems and titles can only be attained by prestiging.

Im on my second prestige and actually you can get through levels quicker because when you prestige you get even more challenges and weapon challenges to complete meaning you can gain more XP. For example when I reach 500 kills with a weapon in prestige I get 20000 points.

I like the added weapon slots and starting back at 1 again every once in a while keeps the game fresh to me.

With the long weekend and a pesky cold I've been playing MW2 off and on the past few days and noticed a few things.

What is the deal with the map rotation? I swear I've played "Scrap Yard" 1 out of every 5 times.

Why doesn't "Rust" show up very often? "Wasteland" is another that barely comes up, but I'm not disappointed with that one. The worst map of them all.

The weaponry in this edition is lackluster compared to COD4.

If you don't stick your barrel right near a window or opening it seems like you're shooting blanks.

Tired of putting multiple rounds into an opponent's chest, only to have them bum rush and knife me. And here I thought Juggernaut was long gone...

The riot shields are cheesy and don't belong in a game such as this. I'm just guessing here, but you probably don't see many SEALS or Rangers running around Afghanistan with riot shields in the desert, and they just cheapen up the overall game and the reputation of the title.

COD4 set the standard and still is, IMO.

I get tired of the shooting a guy in the chest and having them run up and stab you thing as well. If anything, at close range, your gun should be doing more damage!!! The lack of damage by the guns is a real weakness to the game, especially compared to the knifing thing.

Saw a new glitch last night that ties into this. Two guys on the other team had super speed. They were running 4 times faster than anybody I have seen, the game could barely keep up with them. They just ran around and stabbed everybody. One had 57 kills stabbing and the other was in the mid 40's.

Really r_tarded and annoying.

With the long weekend and a pesky cold I've been playing MW2 off and on the past few days and noticed a few things.

What is the deal with the map rotation? I swear I've played "Scrap Yard" 1 out of every 5 times.

Why doesn't "Rust" show up very often? "Wasteland" is another that barely comes up, but I'm not disappointed with that one. The worst map of them all.

The weaponry in this edition is lackluster compared to COD4.

If you don't stick your barrel right near a window or opening it seems like you're shooting blanks.

Tired of putting multiple rounds into an opponent's chest, only to have them bum rush and knife me. And here I thought Juggernaut was long gone...

The riot shields are cheesy and don't belong in a game such as this. I'm just guessing here, but you probably don't see many SEALS or Rangers running around Afghanistan with riot shields in the desert, and they just cheapen up the overall game and the reputation of the title.

COD4 set the standard and still is, IMO.

Ive noticed the map rotation get stuck on a few maps on different days. The other day I played Terminal 5 out of the 10 games, it just kept coming up.

Not sure what you mean about the window comment. Are you talking bullet penetration? I still get lots of kills by bullet penetration, FMJ will help you a ton.

We've all had times where it seems bullets dont register, it happens, im guessing it is lag due to a players connection at certain times. I guarentee their have been times when someone shot a lot of rounds into you and you killed them easily its just not as enraging when you're the one dishing it out.

I still stand by my comment that the riot shield is not cheap. It takes skill to use effectively and doesnt get spammed to death like the 1887s. The point of this game was not to make it realistic but fun. getting shot multiple times, respawning, dual wielding shotguns, hip firing 240 bravos, their are a lot of unrealistic things in this game.

Yeah that is the problem with public matches a few months after a game is released. It happens with all of them, not just this one.

Your best bet is to have private matches, then you don’t deal with that crud.

That is why I actually I preferred the old Xbox Live system without all the party options and whatnot. It made it easier to find people who matched your gamerstyle and personality.

Now you are lucky to get to speak a few words, let alone make friends, and it seems like everyone is part of a clan, or is involved with other games.

I miss good old days of the same 30 or so friends rotating in and out of a game of Ghost Recon to determine the best upload speed so we could play all night. Heck I even bought business class internet service for a while so I could have 768k upload and host games laugh

You might think the riot shields aren't cheap, but it makes a person virtually bulletproof. If thats the case, there should be a bulletproof perk for people that don't use them. If you think its ok to sit and unload on someone with a riot shield, then they run up to you and hit you with it and kill you, then good luck sir.

The riot shields aren't that hard to defend against, just keep shooting the feet.

Don't just haul off and unload at the feet, just keep popping 2-3 rounds off at a time.

You won't see "Rust" unless you're playing Free-for-All or a small map game.

As for unloading into a person and them not dying, that's why I refuse to join games with people I know unless they're playing a "Hardcore" version of whatever game.

As for unloading into a person and them not dying, that's why I refuse to join games with people I know unless they're playing a "Hardcore" version of whatever game.

All I play anymore is HC Team Deathmatch. Been running into more and more boneheads teammate killing the past few days. Should be a 2 time kick out rule for that

You might think the riot shields aren't cheap, but it makes a person virtually bulletproof. If thats the case, there should be a bulletproof perk for people that don't use them. If you think its ok to sit and unload on someone with a riot shield, then they run up to you and hit you with it and kill you, then good luck sir.

No, it makes them bullet proof from the front and only if they crouch. This makes them slower and they are unable to make a ranged attack. They also are defensless from behind.

Just shooting the shield will do you no good... Explosives will kill them, stun them, keep your distance and aim at exposed body parts (they will panic), get to their sides and melee them, you should be able to knife once before they can bump you twice. Start running away then turn around ready to shoot as they usually try to sprint and follow you. Id wager that I kill 3 out of 4 riot shields I encounter if they dont get one hit on me before I see them.

Saw a new glitch last night that ties into this. Two guys on the other team had super speed. They were running 4 times faster than anybody I have seen, the game could barely keep up with them. They just ran around and stabbed everybody. One had 57 kills stabbing and the other was in the mid 40's.

This one has been around for a bit. If you have light weight equiped and have a care package, hold the care package marker and see what happens.

This will be probably be fixed in the next update.

The only issue I have with the game at this point is the lobby system. If they could fix it MW2 would be in my top 3 FPSs of all time.

I was in a match one time where everyone was in hyper speed. It was super crazy. The music was fast, the people's voices were like the chipmunks on speed, and you better not hold onto a grenade long! I think this went on for three maps before it stopped. It was kinda fun and you could sprint across a map in no time! Pure chaos.