• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout lakes in the metro area???

muskieboy46

Christmas Lake near Excelsior
Courthouse Lake in Chaska
Little Long Lake out by Mound
Square Lake which is north of Stillwater
Cenaiko Lake in Anoka

Troll with spoons, spinners, or vertical jig with a worm, or fish the worm under a bobber.

Look for trout to be in deep water close to feeding area right now. Feeding areas would be large flats, weedbeds, or points.

------------------
"Study to be quite"

Rennenberg,
I just discovered Little Long Lake a few days ago, but haven't fished it. Since I live only a couple of miles away, I plan on going there soon, The DNR map is all I have, Is there some sort of a visual reference I should be looking for while fishing this lake, also what time of day is best.

Oh, by thy way, thanks for the reply in the stupid dog thread. It felt good to do something good for an old guy who lived alone and lost his dog. He actually sent me (copys of) papers on the dog, it was a german shepard and he use to show the dog.

Thanks in advance for any info on Little Long .

Danny

Holland lake at pilot knob and cliff has some absolute monster browns in it. i was standing on the dock and saw at least 20 that were 5 pounds plus.. N.S. some looked closer to ten. i have fished it a couple of times with little success but if you go let us here how you do,... good luck

When I fish for trout in a lake I look for a sharp dropoff that comes close to a weed flat, points with weeds, or a sucken island that holds bait fish(weeds on the top of the island is a big plus). I think it's far to say that most of the food in a lake is located in the weeds or near, so it stands to reason that trout will be near there.
By now the warm water has pushed the trout out of the weeds to the deep weed edge. They will cruse the deep weed edge lookin for fish and bugs to eat.
Catching them will be hard because panfish, bass and pike will be doing the same thing. Try fishing out away from the weeds. Trool with spoons or deep diving plugs in the area of the weeds.
Live bait fished under a bobber can be deadly for trout of any size.

Trout fishing is best early in the morning, late in the day, cloudy/rainy days, or sometimes even at night. This holds true regardless of lake, stream, or time of year.

------------------
"Study to be quite"