• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to Turkey Hunting

maros91

This was my first year turkey hunting. I only had a chance to get out one day in my "A" season. I applied to just get a preference point and ended up getting drawn. I knew nothing about turkey hunting so I brought my buddy with who has all the calls, blinds, decoys, etc. We came close a couple of times but didn't connect. All I can say after the one day I am hooked. I need all the tips you guys can offer. I am sure there is thread already started but I couldn't find it. So if someone could post the link that would be great. I will apply for the fall season also but I heard that is a totaly different hunt.

Thanks guys.

Hey Bill welcome to youre new obsesion!Wait until you call one in thats gobblin all the way in!I was in the same boat 20 years ago to,the best learning expierence i had was going to a hunting seminar by RAY EYE dont know if he still does em but if he comes to youre area make it a point to go , right on info and very entertaining!Also he had a couple videos out ,Eye on the wild turkey 1and11they will teach you for sure!If you can get youre hands on them you wont be disapointed ! My other advice would be dont move, always expect em to come from the opposite way you think there going to come from!

We did a couple calls a couple of different times and got answers back but only on the first call. I suppose we waited about 30-45 minutes and called a couple more times but nothing materalized. That gobble really gets your blood going.

I hunted with a shotgun for 7 seasons and don't think I could handle anymore adrenaline. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Tips, be quiet and dead still. There is no such thing as under calling and its easy to over call. Know the lay of the land and what areas the turkeys use. You'll learn as you go.