Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Hwood

a few to view

Have not got to many pics. worth saving or sharing for awhile. I would guess not getting out much may have something to do with that. But got a few here and there and had some time to kill yesterday while waiting for the kids and I found some birds. I was looking for ducks but... flying rats filled the time just fine. Thank God for digital, it would cost a bundle trying to get a keeper photo with film on flying birds. As if you all didn't know that all ready.

3456819197_42e70fbca4_b.jpg

3457647566_cbccaa641a_b.jpg

this one I think is best viewed in one shot and not rolled back and forth on the screen so I will keep it a bit smaller.

3457632428_694da53c5c.jpg

3457620120_df95247b4a_b.jpg

3456801565_2804886d60_b.jpg

And the camera was at home when this guy sat there and let me back up to it. cell phone had to do.

3453577861_89b34c5e33_o.jpg

"Doo, you left your camera at home? Hwood you moron", said the guy with sticky paws. Others have called me that in the past, for other reasons but lets just move on.

3454351392_4c43ecbaae_b.jpg

I really wish this girl would show me her,chicks. I have been checking back now and then but this is all I get

3453514803_52a1bb7d93_b.jpg

Looked like it was going to be a good sunset so up on the roof we went. I may have pulled the colors a bit on this one,at least my wife thinks so But I like it.

3453565077_d7712be0a0_b.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the show, please come again and be sure to put your garbage in the garbage can on the way out

Nice tour. I like the three dudes on the posts. The color in the background is great. Your little photo is appropriate for a Sunday. If it wasn't for the feet, he could be the perfect little descending dove.

Nice group of shots, I enjoyed the middle gull shots and the sunset!

captainshane I hope you are friends with Hwood or know him and are just doing some ribbing or some editing of your post would be appropriate. We have a real nice group of folks who comment and post here and we will make sure it stays that way thank you.

Awesome to have a great horned owl nest to watch!!! I still have not seen this species in Minnesota yet. Have fun with that.

Ya I know that shane dude rather well. All is good there.

Glad you all like the pics. I was not expecting much with the gulls since I was just killing some time but was pleased when I down loaded them.

Shawn, I have been in this house about 4 years now and the owls have been nesting here during that time. They have been tough just to get a look at, dont think they care for people to much. I keep telling captainshane they are going to feed my young cats to the chicks. Not to long ago was the first time I was able to get a good look at the owls. Soft snow and moving forward only at a strong gust of wind was the ticket. They were sleeping and I got right under them. Once they heard me they looked and left. That is what is going on in this picture. It's the best shot of them so far and it's not all the great

3245796081_2e846de3d9_b.jpg

and this is one of the most interesting pictures I have got of them

3246622332_48b5b05998.jpg