• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boating and Drinking???

walleye 4 me

I have to laugh at some of the responses claiming that they don't drink because it cuts into fishing. Don't think I'm ridiculing anyone but when did drinking alcohol become a strenuous activity requiring concentration? I mean what's the difference between sipping on a bottle of water, cup of coffee, can of pop, or a beer? Having said that I totally agree with being safe on the water and respect people who don't want others to drink while in their boats.
I find If I have more then three beers I spend less time casting and more time socializing. that right there says somehting. if three can slow my brain down.....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I have to laugh at some of the responses claiming that they don't drink because it cuts into fishing. Don't think I'm ridiculing anyone but when did drinking alcohol become a strenuous activity requiring concentration? I mean what's the difference between sipping on a bottle of water, cup of coffee, can of pop, or a beer? Having said that I totally agree with being safe on the water and respect people who don't want others to drink while in their boats.

What I think is, you have the cart before the horse. Fishing is a strenuous mind activity that requiring concentration.

By the way I do take a beer out with be once in a while but ever time I open it the fish start to bite, the Beer get warm and I end up wasting a good beer. Plus it is hard to hold on to the tiller, a rod and a beer at the same time. I can drink beer when I'm at home and I can only catch fish when I'm on the water.

With a name like crappiekid you probably shouldn't be drinking at all. smile Are you sure you are old enough? smile

By the way I fully agree with you.

i am 41 years old but just never grew up amd love crappie fishing so my brothers and brother in laws call me CRAPPIE KID and was luck to get the name on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

off topic, sorry...

Originally Posted By: JeffB
Originally Posted By: Bottle Fish
What movie is that?
Animal House

Oh Bottle Fish, if you haven't seen Animal House then you probably haven't seen Stripes and won't know the quote, "Lighten up Francis". Worth your time to go rent both if you haven't seen them. smile Have some bottle bass with you when you watch wink

The bottle bass I think is the problem to begin with. I have seen both those movies repeatedly just didn't remember what movie the quote came from. The name is Bottle Fish you know. smile

off topic, sorry...

Originally Posted By: JeffB
Originally Posted By: Bottle Fish
What movie is that?
Animal House

Oh Bottle Fish, if you haven't seen Animal House then you probably haven't seen Stripes and won't know the quote, "Lighten up Francis". Worth your time to go rent both if you haven't seen them. smile Have some bottle bass with you when you watch wink

If you call me Francis, I'll kill ya.

If you touch my stuff, I'll kill ya.

We're going to Czechoslovakia, it's like going to Wisconsin

Honestly, it is one of Bill Murray's top three roles (Heresy Alert: I think he was better in this film than he was in "Caddyshack")

Again off topic here... sorry... but...

Was trap shooting last night, and the young girl behind the counter assigning us said to her coworkers, "well, who's on 2? is Jim on 3?"... and my buddy says, "Who's on first?" to her, and she just looked at him like he was crazy.... smile hahahahaha, we got a good laugh, we are getting old.

Again off topic here... sorry... but...

Was trap shooting last night, and the young girl behind the counter assigning us said to her coworkers, "well, who's on 2? is Jim on 3?"... and my buddy says, "Who's on first?" to her, and she just looked at him like he was crazy.... smile hahahahaha, we got a good laugh, we are getting old.

THOID BASE!!!