Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunning

Beaver baits

15 posts in this topic

I have not really used beavers a lot before so I ordered some Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver 4.20". RI has some pretty sweet color combo's I picked some up in sprayed grass and black/red flake. I was planning on just using them for texas rig flippin but the 4.20 seems a little small for that but they look good on a jig.

For the guys that use these baits how do you like to use them as trailers or texas rig, and what size do you like. RI makes the beavers in 3.5, 4.20 and 5.20 sizes. I'm thinking I should have picked up some in the 5.20 size

I have used them in mostly flipping and pitching applications. Great bait to skip under and around docks. Knock offs for me. A friend that swears by the RI brand in an electric blue color.

I use the knockoffs, Either texas or Carolina. I like the Baby Bass, or the Blue/black half one.

Hiya -

The ones I use (Northland's version - the Brush Beaver. Bama Bug and Bluegill are awesome colors...so is Camo) are 4" I think. I flip/pitch them a lot. I don't think they're too small at all. The are pretty good jig trailers too - bulk up a jig, and slow the fall down quite a bit. Good on a football head too. Isn't much you can't do with them.

I use the 3-inch version for smallies on lighter football heads, Carolina rigs, and even drop-shotting.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I use Outkast Naughty Bugs for flippin or a trailer and the smaller ones for finnesse jigs and smallies. I think the 5.20 could have it's applications.

I like pretty much all the small creature type baits. Bass just love them and they work great as a finesse flipping lure!

I use them in a variety of applications. Drop shotting, pitching, and flipping. I also like to throw the smaller sizes on an 1/8 to 3/16 ounce exposed hook jig like a jigworm on weedlines.

There are a lot of great "beaver" style baits out there, Reaction Innovations was the first to come out with the "beaver" style baits. I love them, they are great for flipping and pitching into heave cover. I have also used them a few time on a small jig head. I like the 4.20 in all kinds of colors, You are right they have great color combos.

Berkley makes a bait call the "Beast", I like to use that bait a lot in the spring, i have caught some of my biggest bass on that bait in the spring. It has flat side just like the beaver but is a lot wider.

There are a lot of great "beaver" style baits out there, Reaction Innovations was the first to come out with the "beaver" style baits. I love them, they are great for flipping and pitching into heave cover. I have also used them a few time on a small jig head. I like the 4.20 in all kinds of colors, You are right they have great color combos.

Berkley makes a bait call the "Beast", I like to use that bait a lot in the spring, i have caught some of my biggest bass on that bait in the spring. It has flat side just like the beaver but is a lot wider.

I think that a lot of places are also clearancing the beast

I picked up a couple more bags of beasts at S.W. clearanced and on sale for like 1.25 a bag. Pretty good deal.

If youre giving beaver baits a go try the berkley beasts as well as some of the other brands. I think most beaver baits are similiar but the profile of the beast is different and it seems to flutter more and sink slower. I especially like the beast carolina rigged for those reasons.

That sounds like a smoking deal Polar~~

I use the OutKast ones myself, if you buy in the 100 pack its the cheapest I have found.

northland this year,but next year lookin at outkast i fish all there jigs. didnt know they had all the other stuff until i looked on line.

CB what colors have you had your best luck with the RI bevers.

I always seem to have Water Bug, june bug, black blue, Green Pumpkin with me. I have had good luck with these colors.