• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beaver baits

gunning

I have not really used beavers a lot before so I ordered some Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver 4.20". RI has some pretty sweet color combo's I picked some up in sprayed grass and black/red flake. I was planning on just using them for texas rig flippin but the 4.20 seems a little small for that but they look good on a jig.

For the guys that use these baits how do you like to use them as trailers or texas rig, and what size do you like. RI makes the beavers in 3.5, 4.20 and 5.20 sizes. I'm thinking I should have picked up some in the 5.20 size

Hiya -

The ones I use (Northland's version - the Brush Beaver. Bama Bug and Bluegill are awesome colors...so is Camo) are 4" I think. I flip/pitch them a lot. I don't think they're too small at all. The are pretty good jig trailers too - bulk up a jig, and slow the fall down quite a bit. Good on a football head too. Isn't much you can't do with them.

I use the 3-inch version for smallies on lighter football heads, Carolina rigs, and even drop-shotting.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

There are a lot of great "beaver" style baits out there, Reaction Innovations was the first to come out with the "beaver" style baits. I love them, they are great for flipping and pitching into heave cover. I have also used them a few time on a small jig head. I like the 4.20 in all kinds of colors, You are right they have great color combos.

Berkley makes a bait call the "Beast", I like to use that bait a lot in the spring, i have caught some of my biggest bass on that bait in the spring. It has flat side just like the beaver but is a lot wider.

There are a lot of great "beaver" style baits out there, Reaction Innovations was the first to come out with the "beaver" style baits. I love them, they are great for flipping and pitching into heave cover. I have also used them a few time on a small jig head. I like the 4.20 in all kinds of colors, You are right they have great color combos.

Berkley makes a bait call the "Beast", I like to use that bait a lot in the spring, i have caught some of my biggest bass on that bait in the spring. It has flat side just like the beaver but is a lot wider.

I think that a lot of places are also clearancing the beast

If youre giving beaver baits a go try the berkley beasts as well as some of the other brands. I think most beaver baits are similiar but the profile of the beast is different and it seems to flutter more and sink slower. I especially like the beast carolina rigged for those reasons.