• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be Jealous

ikeslayer

i just got back from Missouri on a bass fishing trip. We fished all farm ponds and mostly from shore. We put the smack on them pretty good and put many miles on. The ponds were either bassless or had a good fiesty population. biggest bass that i caught was just a mere 4 lbs but non - over 5 for the group. Weather was different every day from threatening rain on day one - to shorts and sandles day 2 and Wind with snow in the forcast on day 3. Caught 80% of fish on Sunfish spinnerbait most the time had them on trailer hook and bait hook - fish were overall stupid as these ponds see very little pressure and you caught the biters immediately. here are some picks start drooling.

ike2.jpg

ike1.jpg

I fish farm ponds down south on occasion and have got some giants down there. Fun stuff.

The thing I like about farm ponds is you can check different baits out and figure out what kind of strikes you will get and have a chance to learn new techniques quickly. That and catching hundreds of bass a day.

Cool pix, although I do remember reading a scientific article where they said that reefing on their jaws like a handle are extremely hard on their joints.

No criticism - just an FYI.

Pond fishing is the greatest - I used to do a lot of it when I lived in South Dakota. One day I caught a 5 pound bass - a 7 pound walleye and a 5 pound channel cat - all in the same 1 acre stock dam.

well mongo - although it appears i am being tough on this fish i am not holding her mouth open any more than just a nomal lipping all of her weight is on my sholder and since she was hitting the frying pan wink

But good to know - and get the word out there. take care of them

My grandpa would fish out in my uncle's farm ponds and I don't think he ever put a fish back in his life. Every bass he caught he would tell my uncle, "Well that joker was gut hooked and it was gonna die anyway. I might as well fry this one up so the turtles don't get it." As my uncle looks at him with disgust. Back a few years, my uncle was fetching 8 dollars a pound for live bass. My grandpa ate so many 40 dollar fish, we started making a joke out of it. This of course was down in Arkansas.

Yeah - I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything - and I kind of figured it would come across that way. Sorry about that - I just like passing on that deal about their jaws. No harm, no foul.

Eating a bass is fine - especially those nice, smaller ones and you need camp meat for a fish fry!!

$8/LB that is just crazy

That was kinda what I thought too. That was in the fish farm heyday. No longer can he get that, so he just raises fish mainly for his own consumption, along with family fish frys and town frys.

Still sells a little, but not anything like they used to.

mongo no worries i knew your intent - we had a bit of history so i knew you weren't being malicious - and by all means we all need helpful tid bits

Craigums - i should be in your inbox, and yes i am marshal