• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

Hellbenders????

Sorry for the lack of posts, or for just lack of quality posts...period whistle

I have had a few weeks of pure 80-90 hour weeks...Graduation Weekend last...week before that, we had Mother's Day grazing sick

Thunder...My phone went down on Sunday...I put the SIM card in the new one today and missed a bunch of your calls. I got the one last Sunday or Monday, but I was out in the yard doing the New Garden Project...If you are bored, come up to the House and see the Transformation...It is bad A$$ smile

Call me Bro tired

Kyle...I am waiting for my new Tica Cetus SS500 in the mail cry

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished with Timmy Toe and Steve yesterday afternoon caught a few eyes that went to the Lund fund whistle we need for the wind to blow consistantly from one direction to put the smackdown on these fish.Steve that was a good idea about the Guys weekend of fishing I am all for THAT might want to have a little fish fry during that weekend catch um and eat um wink who's got the big deep fryer!!!!!!

P.S Steve don't forget your sonar LOL whistle

That;'s funny Todd kept asking to me to ask Steve what depth he was at? Wellwe did a lot of fishing and missed more than our limt but that's how it goes.. Good fishing with the fellas though. Good seeing you Steve, hope your partner is doing o.k., Hope to catch you on the next go around..

We spent the day in the Dacks checking out "The Wild Center" and having lunch there. Awesome place... Lot's of info to read and you'll be busy with each exhibit. Amanda enjoyed the turtle show and answered questions. The Next stop on our trip was my Bro/sis in-laws place on Nick's Lake.. Kayacking was beautiful we had enough of a breeze to keep the black flies virtually at bay. Consumed quantities of NY's finest merlo by the campfire, go Karted and kicked thee [PoorWordUsage] out of the company I was with and managed to turn one girl completely around in the process after that we went back to camp played some ball toss ,ore Vino and headed to the Buffalo Head in Forestport for Prime Rib deliscious. Got home well after 8 p.m. Anyway I had afantastic day with family and friends,

Catching up on chores this a.m. before I start grilling at 1 p.m. at Mom's. easy day for me.. Brauts and Chicken Only. You guys enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day Weekend!

Todd, will be Waiting for that weekend! should be fun!

The sonar is already in the truck...Smart-A$$!! LOL. Here the story for those that don't know! My friend Don was supposed to meet me at my house and we were going to head north from here. Well yours truely was delayed at work so Don decided/talked me into picking him up at his house. Well now I'm all messed up with time at throw some stuff together and I'm off!! WOOOO-HOOO walleye's look out!! Well I'm north bound on 87 doing a leasurely 80ish mph and CLICK!! Like someone threw a switch...D'ARN IT??? I can see the box with my sonar/GPS on the shelf in the attic. Well chit! after a serious though into turning around I realized I could live without it for this trip and proceeded to the Camper. If it was an ICE FISHING trip I would have turned around to get my MarCum.

I hate forgetting stuff but with Alzt......Hmmm, what were we talking about??

See ya'll next weekend!

Be safe, good luck, and tight line's!!

Steve

PS.........Todd, Thanks for not mentioning the fishing rods on that particular ice fishing trip

awsome pics jay.. Got back today from the 3 days at cedar valley campground with the family and some close friends. Great weekend was had by all. As usual Momma and I kick arse in the testical toss arena. Or I guess some call it golf toss. We went unbeaten all weekend to all who attempted.. Its nice to be good at somethin.. Supposed to get the tile laid in the bathroom Wednesday, Hopefully get some fishin in thursday and Finally have a job interview Friday morn. Will see what it brings..

Todd gimme a call if you need some wait in the boat this week..

Cali

Caliie someone better jump in the front of Todd's boat that know's what there doing, I'm done. madlaugh He kicked my walleye man hood right in the sax last night. Todd was putting on another clinic with some dandies and I snagged only one and it was short. Funnyy winds last night and an eel fly hatch were the ticket for a bajillion buckeyes and underneath those buckeyes were walleye/Slashings and white bass slurpings with quite a few right next to the boat. Todd went through his top-water until he found the correct pattern, blue ladder back Thunderstick. Todd was having a ball, fished from 6:30 to 11:17 p.m. last night. Good time Todd...

Timmy, it's all in the presentation those fish don't want to work to hard for their meal just like we don't wan't to work hard for our meals.I have experianced this more than my share of times and have had allot of practice at it, Lure speed is the key in that sitituation.You will get better at it when you stop playing with SOFT BALLS whistlewinkgrin.Good fishing with you Bro.

Todd- Were they hitting it on the pause as it floated back towards the surface - that drives em nuts at times. Or that slow wide wobble jut under the surface? The small blue silver x-rap is one of my spring favs unless they want that rise.

Was Timmy scratching his head?

I hit the Delaware yesterday afternoon - talk about scratchin your head! Those fish will drive ya nuts! No heavy hatches but lots of options for the fish. I saw 2-3 diff kinds of caddis around, march browns, sulphers, green drakes, a few hendricksons, and some other small mayfly I couldnt ID, plus some black and yellow stoneflys. crazy

I fished for a few hours before conecting with a nice 15 inch rainbow, then a bit later landed one a tad bigger. Both fish were out of the water numerous times and tested out my drag on the flyrod. A few people around, not many for a holiday, but I had a nice chunk of water all to myself...

p5253027.jpg

Jay, they wanted it right on the top the only thing that was holding it down was the waves I was letting the waves do the work wink.That strike gets your blood pumping I think Timmy was scratching his Ba LL s lol.

Thunder - I love when they will crash on top. Tank always had the patience edge when they were hitting like that. Shallow shad raps cast decent for how boyant they are. With the rod tip up you can work em along at a decent clip on the surface, but they tend to be a better fall bait...

Tim,

If you don't mind would you send me the pictures of the sunset via email? The family I bought the camper from left the "Name Plate" board in the trailer and I'm making a display case for it to present to the Lady that lost her husband. There is room for about 5-6 pictures in it and I'd like one of the famous Oneida Lake sun sets in it.

Thanks Buddy,

Steve

Todd, great job on the clinic!!

OK.... Jimi caught this fish the other day at a pond near our house........ it has the markings of a sunfish.... but the body shape of a bass..... is it just a fat sunny?? i would doubt a hybrid... but they are in the same family.... anyone know??

Jim

f_wierdfishm_012ed6c.jpg

Caliie someone better jump in the front of Todd's boat that know's what there doing, I'm done. madlaugh He kicked my walleye man hood right in the sax last night. Todd was putting on another clinic with some dandies and I snagged only one and it was short. Funnyy winds last night and an eel fly hatch were the ticket for a bajillion buckeyes and underneath those buckeyes were walleye/Slashings and white bass slurpings with quite a few right next to the boat. Todd went through his top-water until he found the correct pattern, blue ladder back Thunderstick. Todd was having a ball, fished from 6:30 to 11:17 p.m. last night. Good time Todd...

Tim,

Yuppie!! I was at the Todd clinic last week. Mond or Teus evening. Fishin one of Todds spots. I lost 3 fish and about 30 half worms. I couldnt hook a fish to save my life. Finally I Put the Sonar on and hooked 1 on the third cast that ended up in the boat. I dont mind being out fished, but when I dont catch any that frustrates me to no end when the guy in the back of the same boat is hookin up on every 3rd cast!!! But In my defense I was fishin with a rod I havent fished with in a while with a soft tip and with the waves the way they were I wasnt feelin anything!!! No more quantum for waldos thats for sure...

After that last comment Thunderhair I was contemplating not posting these pics from our trip.. laugh Todd I got the night off, no games grin

Holy Moly Dark Cloud he's finally smiling! cool

toddspics184.jpg

Sunset on Oneida... cool

toddspics182.jpg

Thanks Tim cool apparently my e-mail wasn't working for some reason, they are forcasting thunderstorms for tonight or we would be taking a voyage out.The night runners are looking to have sore mouths AGAIN I have a few more spots to try before the water gets to much warmer.I hope it don't get to hot outside my buddy's from Jersey will be here the middle of the month cool gotta love that Crown wink.