• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twenty year love affair is over>>

bassphish2005

Well it is over,my twenty years using Stren line has ended,I have found someone new,and her name is Gamma.I was at the Duluth Sport show wandering around and came apon the booth for Gamma fishing line.There was a somewhat handsome devil manning the booth,had an interesting name too....Deitz or something like that confused..... anyway...Well he showed me where I had been wrong all these years and introduced me to my new fishing companion.

All kidding aside,Deitz I thank you for the help and am fired up to put the new line to the test on the water,It was good to meet you. grin

LOL Too funny dude. LMAO @ Handsome Devil

Always fun to put a face with a screen name, I enjoy working shows for just that reason..

Line companies are really doing a good job making lines now days, Stren does a great job. However, I am glad you were pleased with your purchase of the Gamma.. I think once you get a chance to use it, you will be even more impressed.

NICE,May can't get here soon enough.I can tell the ?wife? I am out product testing.......you know [dear]that line I bought in Duluth.And Deitz....the handsome devil comment,,,,,that was relayed from the mrs. although since you are a fisherman like myself,we are poor husband material[don't know what she is talking about,I am at home at least a few hours a week during the summer]the grass has never grown so talk it has hidden the house?

maybe I can drag her to the Minneapolis show,naw.................one show a year is all she can stomach@I can't get enough.Did anyone look over the Royal Flush booth,and all of the dogs,I was there off and on Sat.,John runs a first class breeding operation,and we have known each other a while,plus my bro-in-law bought a dog from him last fall and had him at the show,and worked him in a seminar which was cool@

Ike, Much of it I cant talk about(because of a lawsuit), and to be honest, I do not know all of what went on, and do not wish to speculate on what went down... I will say this though.

Many companies have made cuts to their prostaff. With the economy, companies have far less money for prostaffs.

The situation with Gamma is a little different, in that some of the people they cut were quite large names in the fishing industry.

This year there is a new leader of pro-staff at Gamma. They decided to cut everybody, and have everybody re-apply when the new person took over. Many were asked to be back(me included) while some others were not. I do know with some of the situations its because they said or did things that Voided the contract that they signed. Simple as that.

I hope I didn't dodge your question, I answered it to the best I know.

Don't have a bunch of experience with various mono lines, but I learned how to use a baitcaster using 12# Gamma Copoly. I love the stuff ... it is very limp and easy to use with a baitcaster IMO. Now if only they could combine that limpness with the toughness of floro, I'd be a very happy camper.

Dietz gave a very thorough answer to a very touchy sitiuation. The sponsorship game is and always will be strictly a business agreement, not a fishing deal. With the economy as it is, sponsors are really tightening the belt, and many are totally revamping programs. As with GAMMA, PURE FISHING also went through the process of having me re-apply and signing revised contracts. It is all part of the business, and some do not re-sign or are not invited back after changes have been made.

Marketing stratagies vary from company to company, and seeing some "big name" changes does not change the fact that GAMMA makes a quality product that I have been using for the past four years and truly believe in the line they produce.

That being said, try a spool out for yourself, and I believe the line will speak for itself.

Doug