Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bassphish2005

Twenty year love affair is over>>

Well it is over,my twenty years using Stren line has ended,I have found someone new,and her name is Gamma.I was at the Duluth Sport show wandering around and came apon the booth for Gamma fishing line.There was a somewhat handsome devil manning the booth,had an interesting name too....Deitz or something like that confused..... anyway...Well he showed me where I had been wrong all these years and introduced me to my new fishing companion.

All kidding aside,Deitz I thank you for the help and am fired up to put the new line to the test on the water,It was good to meet you. grin

LOL Too funny dude. LMAO @ Handsome Devil

Always fun to put a face with a screen name, I enjoy working shows for just that reason..

Line companies are really doing a good job making lines now days, Stren does a great job. However, I am glad you were pleased with your purchase of the Gamma.. I think once you get a chance to use it, you will be even more impressed.

BP,

I've been using Gamma for 2 years and have been quite pleased with it. Deitz talked me into it, but I would switch back if I felt I needed to. I keep buying it.

NICE,May can't get here soon enough.I can tell the ?wife? I am out product testing.......you know [dear]that line I bought in Duluth.And Deitz....the handsome devil comment,,,,,that was relayed from the mrs. although since you are a fisherman like myself,we are poor husband material[don't know what she is talking about,I am at home at least a few hours a week during the summer]the grass has never grown so talk it has hidden the house?

maybe I can drag her to the Minneapolis show,naw.................one show a year is all she can stomach@I can't get enough.Did anyone look over the Royal Flush booth,and all of the dogs,I was there off and on Sat.,John runs a first class breeding operation,and we have known each other a while,plus my bro-in-law bought a dog from him last fall and had him at the show,and worked him in a seminar which was cool@

hey deitz while we are on the topic of gamma maybe you can shed some light on what appears to be an ugly situation with gamma dumping its pro sponsorship this spring?

Ike, Much of it I cant talk about(because of a lawsuit), and to be honest, I do not know all of what went on, and do not wish to speculate on what went down... I will say this though.

Many companies have made cuts to their prostaff. With the economy, companies have far less money for prostaffs.

The situation with Gamma is a little different, in that some of the people they cut were quite large names in the fishing industry.

This year there is a new leader of pro-staff at Gamma. They decided to cut everybody, and have everybody re-apply when the new person took over. Many were asked to be back(me included) while some others were not. I do know with some of the situations its because they said or did things that Voided the contract that they signed. Simple as that.

I hope I didn't dodge your question, I answered it to the best I know.

Don't have a bunch of experience with various mono lines, but I learned how to use a baitcaster using 12# Gamma Copoly. I love the stuff ... it is very limp and easy to use with a baitcaster IMO. Now if only they could combine that limpness with the toughness of floro, I'd be a very happy camper.

Dietz gave a very thorough answer to a very touchy sitiuation. The sponsorship game is and always will be strictly a business agreement, not a fishing deal. With the economy as it is, sponsors are really tightening the belt, and many are totally revamping programs. As with GAMMA, PURE FISHING also went through the process of having me re-apply and signing revised contracts. It is all part of the business, and some do not re-sign or are not invited back after changes have been made.

Marketing stratagies vary from company to company, and seeing some "big name" changes does not change the fact that GAMMA makes a quality product that I have been using for the past four years and truly believe in the line they produce.

That being said, try a spool out for yourself, and I believe the line will speak for itself.

Doug