Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassphish2005

Twenty year love affair is over>>

14 posts in this topic

Well it is over,my twenty years using Stren line has ended,I have found someone new,and her name is Gamma.I was at the Duluth Sport show wandering around and came apon the booth for Gamma fishing line.There was a somewhat handsome devil manning the booth,had an interesting name too....Deitz or something like that confused..... anyway...Well he showed me where I had been wrong all these years and introduced me to my new fishing companion.

All kidding aside,Deitz I thank you for the help and am fired up to put the new line to the test on the water,It was good to meet you. grin

LOL Too funny dude. LMAO @ Handsome Devil

Always fun to put a face with a screen name, I enjoy working shows for just that reason..

Line companies are really doing a good job making lines now days, Stren does a great job. However, I am glad you were pleased with your purchase of the Gamma.. I think once you get a chance to use it, you will be even more impressed.

BP,

I've been using Gamma for 2 years and have been quite pleased with it. Deitz talked me into it, but I would switch back if I felt I needed to. I keep buying it.

FYI- I dont want this to sound like an advertisement.. but we will be doing a buy 2 spools get one free at the MPLS Sportshow.

wow, If I knew all these famous people were going to be at the show, I would have had to drive down there.

NICE,May can't get here soon enough.I can tell the ?wife? I am out product testing.......you know [dear]that line I bought in Duluth.And Deitz....the handsome devil comment,,,,,that was relayed from the mrs. although since you are a fisherman like myself,we are poor husband material[don't know what she is talking about,I am at home at least a few hours a week during the summer]the grass has never grown so talk it has hidden the house?

Apparently she didn't see me a few booths down. cry Odds are I was eating a sandwich or getting some jerky.

maybe I can drag her to the Minneapolis show,naw.................one show a year is all she can stomach@I can't get enough.Did anyone look over the Royal Flush booth,and all of the dogs,I was there off and on Sat.,John runs a first class breeding operation,and we have known each other a while,plus my bro-in-law bought a dog from him last fall and had him at the show,and worked him in a seminar which was cool@

hey deitz while we are on the topic of gamma maybe you can shed some light on what appears to be an ugly situation with gamma dumping its pro sponsorship this spring?

Ike, Much of it I cant talk about(because of a lawsuit), and to be honest, I do not know all of what went on, and do not wish to speculate on what went down... I will say this though.

Many companies have made cuts to their prostaff. With the economy, companies have far less money for prostaffs.

The situation with Gamma is a little different, in that some of the people they cut were quite large names in the fishing industry.

This year there is a new leader of pro-staff at Gamma. They decided to cut everybody, and have everybody re-apply when the new person took over. Many were asked to be back(me included) while some others were not. I do know with some of the situations its because they said or did things that Voided the contract that they signed. Simple as that.

I hope I didn't dodge your question, I answered it to the best I know.

wow, If I knew all these famous people were going to be at the show, I would have had to drive down there.

How did you know i was working there?? smile

Don't have a bunch of experience with various mono lines, but I learned how to use a baitcaster using 12# Gamma Copoly. I love the stuff ... it is very limp and easy to use with a baitcaster IMO. Now if only they could combine that limpness with the toughness of floro, I'd be a very happy camper.

Dietz gave a very thorough answer to a very touchy sitiuation. The sponsorship game is and always will be strictly a business agreement, not a fishing deal. With the economy as it is, sponsors are really tightening the belt, and many are totally revamping programs. As with GAMMA, PURE FISHING also went through the process of having me re-apply and signing revised contracts. It is all part of the business, and some do not re-sign or are not invited back after changes have been made.

Marketing stratagies vary from company to company, and seeing some "big name" changes does not change the fact that GAMMA makes a quality product that I have been using for the past four years and truly believe in the line they produce.

That being said, try a spool out for yourself, and I believe the line will speak for itself.

Doug

How does the Gamma Copolymer compare to the Yo-Zuri copolymer? Anyone have any experience with both?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• Actually, you just chose not to.

• I've had a Marcum camera for many years and have found it extremely educational.  When I take new anglers on the ice, they love watching the fish.  Never had the camera spook a fish.

I used a Marcum battery-powered panner to rotate the camera, and that helps identify my lure.  However, you also have to be pretty confidant with the depth of your jig, so that it will show up on the camera.

I've found the camera of limited value during the summer, because it's constantly moving up and down, and a little side to side.  Even if I can find my jig, it's not for long.  What I use the camera for during soft water season is to identify bottom structure and get a general idea what's down there.  

During hard water season, I use it primarily to see bites before they happen.  Not only do I know exactly what's near or looking at my jig, but I can see when they're actually going after it.  I have pulled the hook away from fish that were obviously too small, and also been able to set the hook on a bite before I could feel it.

I love my flasher, but I have out-fished buddies with my camera.

• $750 this week only or it gets winterized

• Yaggie takwes top honors this week beating our points leader by three points. Yaggie's team finished 1st, 6th, 7th, and 13th earning him 379 points for the week and his thrid weekly win of the year. 379 points is also yaggies top score of the year and the third highest score of all the teams for the year. Congrats on a great week Yaggie!

yaggie   379
      Fishin-Novice   376
      BlackLundPro   334
      Huckfin   329
      gregg52   309
      88fan   304
      fishing star   297
      Rip_Some_Lip   297
      SwivelDigger   292
      musky999   269
      juneau4   263
      mnwildman   263
      Jar Jar   261
      jwhjr   259
      cat-man   235
      Airjer   234
      Moose   149

Total Points

1     Fishin-Novice   7,929
      2     musky999   7,921
      3     gregg52   7,910
      4     Rip_Some_Lip   7,748
      5     jwhjr   7,698
      6     yaggie   7,575
      7     mnwildman   7,569
      8     88fan   7,504
      9     Huckfin   7,447
      10     Jar Jar   7,357
      11     BlackLundPro   7,348
      12     fishing star   7,341
      13     Airjer   7,298
      14     SwivelDigger   7,267
      15     cat-man   7,231
      16     juneau4   7,188
      17     Moose   6,622
    • Got my Helix 5. Now just need to get my sled out of storage and figure out where to mount it.

• Actually, you just chose not to.
    • I've had a Marcum camera for many years and have found it extremely educational.  When I take new anglers on the ice, they love watching the fish.  Never had the camera spook a fish.   I used a Marcum battery-powered panner to rotate the camera, and that helps identify my lure.  However, you also have to be pretty confidant with the depth of your jig, so that it will show up on the camera.   I've found the camera of limited value during the summer, because it's constantly moving up and down, and a little side to side.  Even if I can find my jig, it's not for long.  What I use the camera for during soft water season is to identify bottom structure and get a general idea what's down there.     During hard water season, I use it primarily to see bites before they happen.  Not only do I know exactly what's near or looking at my jig, but I can see when they're actually going after it.  I have pulled the hook away from fish that were obviously too small, and also been able to set the hook on a bite before I could feel it.   I love my flasher, but I have out-fished buddies with my camera.
    • $750 this week only or it gets winterized
    • Yaggie takwes top honors this week beating our points leader by three points. Yaggie's team finished 1st, 6th, 7th, and 13th earning him 379 points for the week and his thrid weekly win of the year. 379 points is also yaggies top score of the year and the third highest score of all the teams for the year. Congrats on a great week Yaggie! yaggie   379 Fishin-Novice   376 BlackLundPro   334 Huckfin   329 gregg52   309 88fan   304 fishing star   297 Rip_Some_Lip   297 SwivelDigger   292 musky999   269 juneau4   263 mnwildman   263 Jar Jar   261 jwhjr   259 cat-man   235 Airjer   234 Moose   149   Total Points 1     Fishin-Novice   7,929 2     musky999   7,921 3     gregg52   7,910 4     Rip_Some_Lip   7,748 5     jwhjr   7,698 6     yaggie   7,575 7     mnwildman   7,569 8     88fan   7,504 9     Huckfin   7,447 10     Jar Jar   7,357 11     BlackLundPro   7,348 12     fishing star   7,341 13     Airjer   7,298 14     SwivelDigger   7,267 15     cat-man   7,231 16     juneau4   7,188 17     Moose   6,622
    • Got my Helix 5. Now just need to get my sled out of storage and figure out where to mount it.
    • Now that's funny.  I chose not to answer a ignorant question that an elitist like yourself could care less the answer to.  The only reason you want an answer to that question is to spend the next week trying to find some ignorant reason he/she is a bad choice. #rentfree
    • But you couldn't articulate who your favorite Trump picks for justices were, or why.
    • Many of the resorts / cabins where I stay on weekend fishing outings do not have a fish cleaning house. I also do not like the smell of dead fish from the cleaning process in my home. My wheel house is a fishing shack only, non-sleeper, which I take off the ice each night. It has both A/C and propane heat so I usually plug it into an AC outlet at night.   I decided to build a retractable / drop-down fish cleaning table 17” x 48” up and out of the way while on the ice and a warm place to clean fish. I use clear news print between the my fish cleaning board and the table to eliminate the need to wash the table every time I use it. Functionally works well, still needs some finish touches, paint, stain, rust treatment. I can also see many uses for this table while on the Ice. Fish Cleaning Table.mp4
    • Big win for the team today. Not many folks thought they would go into Carolina and leave 3-0. If this offense can get their sh$t together this may be a fun year. Defense is the real deal.
  • Our Sponsors