• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X2 or Otter?

Dozer

If you could have either one which one whould you get a Cabin, Lodge or X2? I mostly fish alone but would like the option to take a buddy. Im buying a new one this weekend. Price isnt a concern, right now they are all within $100 of each other. I know the otters should fit under the tonneau cover but thats not really that important to me.

If you fish alone most of the time the Otter Cabin would be my suggestion. If you fish with a partner say 40% or more of the time I would go Lodge. The cabin is a bit tight for my liking with 2 big guys and gear in it. Much more elbow room with the lodge.

Get the hyfax.

I have a new Lodge. I looked at both the x2 and the Lodge. The Cabin was out for me because I usually fish with somebody. Very little difference between the Lodge and the x2 in my opinion. I got a really good deal on the Lodge and I like the black interior. If you fish alone most of the time I would go with a Cabin unless the lower height is a concern. It's sure nice to stand up and stretch out too.

I have a new Lodge. I looked at both the x2 and the Lodge. The Cabin was out for me because I usually fish with somebody. Very little difference between the Lodge and the x2 in my opinion. I got a really good deal on the Lodge and I like the black interior. If you fish alone most of the time I would go with a Cabin unless the lower height is a concern. It's sure nice to stand up and stretch out too.

Ive been told I am out of luck as far as standing up in any of them since I am 6'4"?

Personally leaning tward th X2 at the moment, the end of season sales are pretty impressive right now! You can buy new ones for less than what most people are asking for used ones right now!

I'm 6'3" and I can stand up in my Lodge I might be rubbing on the fabric but it works. With the deals they have on a x2 right now it's hard to not buy one. Not much difference between the two. I'd go with the best deal.

If I had to choose between the two you listed I would choose the X2. I have a bad habit of tipping over otters. The location of the seats compared to the design of the sled I tend to tip it. I got tossed out of Cabelas for it, and dumped one at the ice fishing show.

I never managed to tip over the X2. They are a top of the line house, and well designed.

Go with the Otter Cabin!

Get one without any seats and sit on a bucket with a seat instead. It gets you more room and is lighter to handle when throwing in the back of your truck.

If you go with the lodge... you will need to fish with someone because its too big and heavy for one person to handle.

The Otter Lodge has been my choice, even though I'm short and I fish alone more often. wink

It's heavy, no doubt, but that fishhouse is indestructible and if I'm spending that kind of money I want it to last! I primarily pull behind ATV and snowmobile, so weight is not a big deal...performance is, on trips like this.

I've fished out of an Otter Cabin, and they are nice also. I didn't feel cramped, but there is a noticable size difference between the Cabin and the Lodge.

Well I couldnt wait anylonger, I went and bought an X2 this morning. The price on the at GM is way too good to resist! Now I only have one problem, where can I get a travel cover for it? Everyone is sold out!?

Originally Posted By: 7outof10
i saw a new x2 in town for $450 ......i think i might need to have 2 of them lol

I think I should buy one now instead of waiting until next fall!

Thats what I thought too! Thats $450 WITH TAX!!!

The end of season deals are always great. I got mine with hitch cover and hyfax for 460 last year.

If you are ever in the west metro...clam is located here. Call ahead and you can pick up anything you buy. Also they will ship to you as well.

Clam has a HSOforum for most everything they sell other than their houses i think...

Anyone know what stores still have them in stock? I called GM in Rochester and C.R Iowa and both are sold out.If I can find one maybe get it shipped to me hee in NE Ia. Otter or Clam,makes no difference to me at this point.

I have both and really like the X2 but have had some issues with the bolts stripping out that hold the seat into place. The lodge is a few years old so don't know what the new ones are like.

Both fish houses are rather heavy so when you fish alone you will wish you had a smaller house. For that reason got a Eskimo 2 man flip last year. The one man houses work great on very early ice outings but lack any type of storage.

My cousin said he saw four brand new X2's for sale at a bait shop last Summer for $299 each!!! You could almost justify having a spare X2 for that price.

Put a tow bar on the X2 which works great and picked up a cover for it when new. Also put the manufactured runners on the bottom which really help make it slide better.