• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Used Boat Acessories?

ThunderLund78

This may be a stupid question, but is there such a thing as a boat salvage yard or any place that would sell used boat accessories in the southern metro? I know there's a few places that deal pretty much exclusively in used outboards and parts but I'm looking for accessories. I'd like to put a pedestal seat in my 14' Lund that's been home-customized. And if it's possible not to pay $60-$80 bucks for the assembly that would be ideal. It's an older boat and I don't need to buy new, plus, times are tough!

pikehunter

i'm in brainerd aways away from you but if you get up this way i have 3 old crestliners seats in the garage i'd give

they are out of an 89 i had noting fancy but they arnt i real bad shape

i'd have to look might i might have some peristals out there to but you would hafta get base plates but they are pretty reasonalbe at fleet even the pedistals are

the seats are to good to just throw away

That's really generous Gregg52! I appreciate it but you're right, I don't get up that way very often (unfortunately). I'll check out Fleet Farm. I was looking at Gander before and it seemed like more than I'd like to spend on my old fishing boat. I also checked out some on-line auctions and Craig's list. Not a whole lot, but that stuff changes by the minute. I appreciate eveyone's suggestions. Open water's only about a month or two away (Down here in So. MN anyway)

well i will down around shakopee at some point

i'm coming down there to have splash gaurds put on my boat

the boat is at the factory should be gettin it back

if you dont find anything let me know i'll meet in shakopee

just soon see somebody get some use of of them

Gregg52,

My e-mail's in a previous post. When you get down this way, let me know. I can meet you in Shakopee--it's only 15 min away for me. And I can make it worth your while, I'm not looking for handouts. I just didn't want to buy new if I didn't have to. The base is the cheap part but if you're looking to get rid of a functional cylinder for a pedestal, I'd be happy to meet with you on it if you're in the area. Again, I appreciate it.

PH78

ya there are just sitting in my garage and i keep moving them

around cant bring my self to toss em

i hafta look on the pedistal but ya its just stuff in the garge

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]

For a day trip, there is a boat salvage yard off of HWY 70 not too far west of Siren Wisconsin. Boats galor that are old age, etc. I don't know if it is like a junk-yard or not, but someday I'd sure like to stop in and look around...

Steve