• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Introduction

I stumbled upon this great site a few days ago, now I wish I would have discovered it earlier! I am looking forward to sharing and recieving some great information, advise, and tips.

A little about me:

I was born and raised in Eastern Montana, went to NDSCS for Welding then just kinda kicked around between MT, WY, and CA. I finally settled in Alaska and have no plans of ever leaving(well maybe vacations, lol). Darkhouse spearing is my main hobby, but I enjoy anything outdoors, especially fishing. This winter I am able to take my 2 year old son with me all the time, now his favorite bath toy is one of my Bear Creek decoys, lol.

Best of Luck to all!!

welcome darkhousefisher to HSO family these are some really great guys that share there love of the out doors. Enjoy.

To bad you live so far away were haveing a spearing get to gator today, well at least you will be informed thru this site on all the fun were haveing. Hope to share some info thru the next few seasons with ya.

We should plan a get to gator in Wasilla in a few years! Seriously, I would love to spear up there someday. Welcome darkhousefisher. If you could email me I have an article to send you about spearing in AK. [email protected]

Thanks for the welcomes. If you ever make it up this way, look me up!!

Welcome. After spearing northern Minnesota this last weekend I can't even imagine how thick the ice must get in Alaska? Normally around Central Minnesota the ice is maybe up to 24". The spear hole I cut this last weekend must have been 36" deep.

Welcome. After spearing northern Minnesota this last weekend I can't even imagine how thick the ice must get in Alaska? Normally around Central Minnesota the ice is maybe up to 24". The spear hole I cut this last weekend must have been 36" deep.

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

We have about the same amount of ice(30"-36") here in south central, but you don't have to drive too far before you need an extension on your auger. I think the weather here in South Central is better then MN, ND, and MT. We don't get the heat like you guys do. Our winter's don't get much colder either, they just last 6-8 weeks longer. Plus since pike are not native to this area, there's no possesion or slot limits. grin