• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

iFINDER H20c Lowrance use tips

smeese

So before I get to indepth with this new equipment what all is it capable of and what are some easy to use fun functions? I will obviously try and figure it out by playing with it. What is your favorite feature?

I kind of like the "Man Overboard" feature. Basically hit zoom in and zoom out at the same time and it will instantly mark the spot. Don't even have to slow down.

I keep the User manual in the reading chamber next to the throne wink

The best feature i have is the lakemaster chip that accompanies my H2Oc. The GPS is great, but having the lake contours is almost a necessity. I just wish my chip was more accurate to the lake i fish the most.

one more point, I would recommend some Lithium batteries for your H2Oc, the color screen sure seems to eat up the life on those AA's.

Since H2O's tend to eat batteries, I recommend this handy cost saving tip.

Install a Marine grade 12 V receptacle on your Vexilar, wire it to the Vexilar 9 amp battery to run your H2O on 12V instead of the batteries internally.

FYI: A XOG & mount will fit under the Vexilar flasher unit in place of the tackle box too, and also can be ran from this receptacle if that is the GPS you choose to use.

On a Pro Pack case I found it best to mount the 12 V marine receptacle top right front flush to the case facing to the right so it lines up with the zipper opening on the soft packs.

Now...simply un-zip the right side and plug it in. I run my Garmin GPS Rhino 530 HCX off it, and recharge it in the field this way. A handy cheap $7 Tweak for sure.

This add on also comes in very handy for cameras, cell phone chargers, whatever 12V Do-Hinckey you likely use in the field and needs a charge, or direct power.

Since a Vexilar 12V flasher is voltage stingy you are not likely to run it and the accessory out of juice in a 12 hour outing. Just recharge every outing as you should anyway.

Wow I am getting more and more pumped to get this thing in use. So if I understand correctly the plug in cord is for use beyond inserting batteries? I really like using the vex battery idea as I just got a new Vex with the 9 am battery smile Thanks for all the useful ideas. Anymore??? Keep em coming.

I just bought one too and ordered a mmc/sd card for it, this will be a great tool, they say if you put a energizer lithium batteries in it it will float, [i think i will go with recharable batteries though for it],i thought about this for sometime now, maybe tie on a big float or something, id hate to drop it down a hole!

i have a H2O and love it get a map chip for the lakes you fish i have both navionics chip and fishing hot spots elite chips i also have map create 6 for when traveling in a truck i use it Manley for fishing both in my boat and ice fishing

Ram mount is the way to go for safety and security.

Purchase one cradle for the unit and a ram mount for everything that moves (ATV, Boat, Sled, Truck) and your locator. Purchase the 12V auto cable and a matching aux plug to alligator clip. Wrap the lanyard around the cradle or mount and you will never lose it.

Anytime you go on an adventure turn it on and learn how to use it. I use mine for everything except city driving.

If you go to their web site you can download your unit onto your computer and play with the menus and features on you PC and become more aware of all the in's and out's of it right in the comfort of your home.

It's much easier to learn the menus and features there versus out in -15 degree weather.

I know I found this very helpful.

Get yourself a RAM mount, you'll never regret it's purchase.

I kind of like the "Man Overboard" feature. Basically hit zoom in and zoom out at the same time and it will instantly mark the spot. Don't even have to slow down.

When I pull out my GPS from my pocket I sometimes get that on my screen. Now I know how that happens smile