• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Williams Wall Suspended

CrappiesNCats

Let it ride guys. For now, the Vikings got their much needed win and we know that there will be a new division champion. There is much more to play out this week in the courtroom. Both sides have a lot to say regarding approved lists, banned lists, the NFLPA and the collective bargaining agreement, the 800 number, etc. etc. By the end of the week we'll be sick of talking about it.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how all the "experts" pick Green Bay to win our division (just like in baseball, everybody picking Detroit and Cleveland) and in the end it is Chicago and MN fighting for first place.

I thought it was kind of a cheapy thing for the Williams sisters to go running to court to get their suspensions temporarily held up but it could backfire on them. Now, if the 4 games are upheld, and I think they should be, then they will miss the final 3 games AND the playoff game (should they hold on to win the Central).

Go Bears!

Windy

I am a Vikings fan...and I agree the Williams screwed up and should be suspended.

The 800 number exists, but the NFL says you can't go "100%" by this line as they only read the ingredients the manufacturerer gives them. They do not verify it.

The rule clearly states, if you take something not on the list, YOU take it at your own risk.

Why take anything that is not on the list?

Has anyone heard anything new on the Williams case? Have they been in court, or has it been postponed to a later date?

the judge is taking in the info. it could be tomorrow, it could be in february before a decision is made. the judge was pretty angry with the NFL because the Williams boys should have been suspended for the first 4 games. They tested positive in training camp.

Boat Fixer,

"Unwarrented"? Really?

Come on dude, when the pretty nurse tells you to make wee in the dixie cup and the test comes back, it is pretty much a done deal. Wouldn't you say? It is all on the player as to what they shove down their pie holes and rules are rules. Seems like they are just trying to pull an OJ, if the tinkle does not fit....you must acquit! Come on dude, man up and take your punishment and move on. Pretty slimy in this man's humble opinion.

Windy

Boat Fixer,

"Unwarrented"? Really?

Come on dude, when the pretty nurse tells you to make wee in the dixie cup and the test comes back, it is pretty much a done deal. Wouldn't you say? It is all on the player as to what they shove down their pie holes and rules are rules. Seems like they are just trying to pull an OJ, if the tinkle does not fit....you must acquit! Come on dude, man up and take your punishment and move on. Pretty slimy in this man's humble opinion.

Windy

this is more like going to buy tylenol at walmart, popping two because of a headache, getting pulled over for erratic driving and finding out they were laced with cocaine and then going to jail.

Not really as most drugs are FDA approved and must be labeled properly.

Most of the weight loss products are NOT approved by the FDA, that is why they don't have to label them as accurately.

That is why the NFL has the "list". If not on the list, you are on your own and are taking a risk.

Windy

I guess we can argue the whole "it was on the list or it wasn't on the list" thing all day. They can say they didn't know. But.......do you really want your bears to back in to the division lead if the "wall" goes down? I thought you chicago boys had pride and would want to earn your way.

On another note, make the best of this holiday season Windy. Thoughts and prayers still go out to you and your family.

Fixer,

Thanks for the thoughts and the same to your family, really, but I guess I could turn it around and say do you want your team to win by first having guys on the team who were cheating the system, knowingly or unknowingly, and then after getting caught try to skirt their punishment and get the courts to prevent their punishment from being metted out in an orderly fashion?

Fact is, if I was getting paid jillions of dollars to play a sport I would be VERY VERY careful about what I was shoving down my pie hole, ESPECIALLY these things that they know are not FDA approved and are not labeled. Just does not make good sense, that's all. Kind of like your boy Juan Roin-Con of the Twinks who said it was a "Power Shake" or something silly like that when he tested positive for roids. The Williams sisters should take it like the men they pretend to be every Sunday and move on, not run to the lawyers for protection. Now that is more than .02 worth, I know, LOL

Windy

CnC,

Is that really the spin that Queens fans are trying to put on this situation? These guys are highly regulated and have warnings issued constantly and they ALL know about the potions and lotions that are not FDA approved, it is THEIR responsibility as paid members of the NFL to make sure that they are not injesting any of the banned substances. Ignorance of the law is not justification for breaking it. If they had to take these wonder pills they could have called the manufacturer for further guidance or could have run them by the NFL for testing. Sorry Crappie but the "fish ain't biting" on this subject and your line of reasoning is one dog that just won't hunt!

Windy

Quicker weight loss, speed...I don't know if I would say that. And if it does not then why would it be banned by the NFL? Maybe masks other things??? Who knows, I just know when black is black and white is white, I don't live it a gray world.

Windy

The reason it was a banned substance is it can be used to mask steroids. You cant tell me either one of these marshmellow men are on steroids! If you look at them it is obvious what they were taking the diet pills for!

CnC,

Is that really the spin that Queens fans are trying to put on this situation? These guys are highly regulated and have warnings issued constantly and they ALL know about the potions and lotions that are not FDA approved, it is THEIR responsibility as paid members of the NFL to make sure that they are not injesting any of the banned substances. Ignorance of the law is not justification for breaking it. If they had to take these wonder pills they could have called the manufacturer for further guidance or could have run them by the NFL for testing. Sorry Crappie but the "fish ain't biting" on this subject and your line of reasoning is one dog that just won't hunt!

Windy

why did the NFL hotline tell Deuce McCallister that it was a legal product to use? why if they tests were taken and failed in training camps are they enforcing them now? there is more at stake here than a simple look at whats banned and not. if the suspensions were warranted they should have been upheld at the beginning of the season.

The reason it was a banned substance is it can be used to mask steroids. You cant tell me either one of these marshmellow men are on steroids! If you look at them it is obvious what they were taking the diet pills for!

Taking steroids doesn't always make you a mass body builder with a cut body, you can have that belly and be on steroids. Also different kinds of steroids provide different results. I have been around plenty of large offensive and defensive linemen that were on them and they weren't cut by any means...it does make you stronger, increases your speed, and it also helps your metabolism....so I believe they definitly knew what they were taking and for whatever reason are know calling poor me....

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes

Taking steroids doesn't always make you a mass body builder with a cut body, you can have that belly and be on steroids. Also different kinds of steroids provide different results. I have been around plenty of large offensive and defensive linemen that were on them and they weren't cut by any means...it does make you stronger, increases your speed, and it also helps your metabolism....so I believe they definitly knew what they were taking and for whatever reason are know calling poor me....

Yea, these guys are on Steroids...

Golly gee u Betcha !

And so is old Saint Nick! Hoo ho ho

he needs them to chase those little Elves around the TOY factory

and slap em up once in a while!

What some of the Polly Anna's in here fail to realize is that steriod use is not for just "bulking up" although I would say the Williams sisters are plenty "bulked up". It is also for recovering from injury quicker. I am not saying why they took what they did. I am only saying they did the crime so they should do the time, Mr. Baretta!

Windy