• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils

O2Fish

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might not hurt to do the "choke trick" too. I went through the two tank break-in thing one year ago and it still wouldn't cut. It would just grab the ice and bog down. I called the distributer out East and he told me to try the break-in again only this time gun it without the auger attached and close the choke a few times until it almost quits because sometimes they sit for a long time in the warehouse and the diaphrams dry out. I did this and it finally started working fine. I had never seen anything posted about this before so I was glad I called out there.

Here's another question for you. How much (if any) grease did you put into to gear houseing? I see in the manual is says to add some every 50 hours or so but nothing about when you first start with it. It didn't look like it had any residue on it so I'm wondering if they put any in when it leaves the factory. Fishinguru I kind of wondered that too but I imagine once the adaptor is set tight, thats probably just where it is, but I really don't know.

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU
when you guys connect the powerhead to the adaptor do you get all the threads in there so the powerhead and adaptor is flush or is there a little bit of space between there?

does anyone know before i take this thing out on the ice and let her rip?

I tightened mine up as far as I could get it.

It might jump a bit when breaking through the ice especially when ice is less than a foot. If your getting a lot of wobble check to make sure you auger shaft bolt is tight and the locking nut tight as well.

i tightened mine like an animal and couldn't get all the threads completely in...guess she's ready...i finished off another tank and did the choke thing a few more times for good measure also.

When I checked mine this weekend the allen head bolt was tight but I was able to tighten the locking nut by about a 1/4 turn.

Well I put my trust in you guys and went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered me a Nils. Now I have to wait! I hope its a good purchase and you aren't all yanking my chain!! So when I get it (just to clarify one more time) I need to run a tank through it by letting it idle for a while, revving it up and down, and operating the choke in and out? Just don't want to mess anything up. Its a big investment for a college kid. Might have to go without books next semester!!

This is what I was told by Nils when I called to verify break in on mine last week. I drilled with it Sunday and man its a sweet drilling machine.

First tank 50:1 then 75:1 or 100:1 mix Synthetic oil

89 or above octane

Run with out the auger shaft on at first. Prime the ball twice, full choke, then half choke then no choke. Open up full throttle cycling the choke back and forth. Lubricates the diaprham.

Tighten the adapter only as far as it goes, it will tighten itself when it drills.

so it will tighten a little more when i start to drill? i have a washer in the parts bag but it doesn't seem to fit on the allen wrench threads or the threads coming out of the powerhead...where is the washer supposed to go?

I think that is a spare for your plug? You only need the nut, bolt and the adapter. Note, make sure that the big hole on the adapter is facing the flat part of the auger shaft. Insert the bolt thru the big hole and tighten it with the allen wrench first, then attach the nut and tighten together with allen wrench and the motor wrench.

Originally Posted By: Juha Pentti
Tighten the adapter only as far as it goes, it will tighten itself when it drills.

so it will tighten a little more when i start to drill? i have a washer in the parts bag but it doesn't seem to fit on the allen wrench threads or the threads coming out of the powerhead...where is the washer supposed to go?

I think the washer your talking about is the one you use behind the wing nut when you have it set up as a hand auger.

[From Admin: Nils Master @ Outdoor Pro Store.]