Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thunderman

1 lb propane cylinders?

20 posts in this topic

Just a question of what everyone does with there 1 lb propane cylinders when they are empty?Do you have a attachment for refilling them because I heard that they don't work very well?

I use to have em refilled by glo-gas here in Rome and now with higher cost for propane I'll just be buying store bought canisters this season. I loved it when I could get them refilled for $1 a piece, oh well. Call you when I get home Todd have fun doing your truck brakes today.

I have the item your talking about. I've never used it so you're welcome to it. Heard there are some safety issues to be aware of, found it on another page a year or so ago. I can give you a run down if you'd like. My cousin uses his all the time, no problems. don't refill them more than once or twice though. Let me know if you want it. Tim has my #s

Todd - Not worth the hassle im my mind. Nothing worse than a stinky canister in the trap or car, plus the danger it might pose. You can usually find tanks 2 for 5 bucks. Or just toughen up like Tank, he's never fished with a heater. This one older guy we fish with once in a while - I have never even seen him put on gloves!

Just a question of what everyone does with there 1 lb propane cylinders when they are empty?

I pull the valve's out and dispose of properly.

Todd everyone is right about refilling them not worth it plus dangerous. I just put the empties in with the recyclables smile Wally world has tanks for under $3 each I only use Coleman as i found the cheaper brands like Ozark trail seem to clog up my heaters (must be dirty propane?)

E 2 8 is locked and safe with some open water 3-5 have no checked it out personally waiting until more things become safe and this warm spell snapped i would rather wait to more weeks to get out for the first time then get out now and have to wait 2 weeks to get out again

Hey I just remebered Rosa's sister is dating a guy who wotks for a fuel delivery company. They sell about every type of gas there is... Let me see if they handle something small as new one pounders. It's worth checking anways. Price of propane was two bottles for $3 and now it's doubled over the last year, eventually you would think with the gas price drop you'd figure those prices on 1 lb'ers would come down as well.

Timmy, quit sniffing the leftovers wink

Give Todd a shout...I have some stuff from Missouri in the works...AKA Crappie Grounds of the country wink

I saw a guy selling those tiny worms I like for twice the price and calling them something else. Misouri huh does it have something to do with Cardinals. Todd I'm putting Jay's hangover jig on that other rod I showed you

Timmy, don't forget the magic of the phone call to the mfgs. Get me a name and I'll see what we can get them for. Remember Bad Dog and Atom a few years back? lol

I remember the bad dog stuff Ray well. I also remember those stacked propeller jigs you got. Caught quite a few gills with those. I did manage a nice walleye on one of the bad dog jigging spoons as well.

Makes me smile! I still have a mess of them! Those guys did right by us!! All for a phone call. lol I couldn't get him or the guy from Atom's off the phone! Couldn't believe little ole' CNY wanted their stuff. I've found most places like to talk to and hep out a little guy. Especially when I tell them it's our group that's interested, we're gonna use the [PoorWordUsage] out of them and we'll tell everyone about them. I've got to order some Maki plastics. You should tell him we can get him into Susser's in Albany. He's a small wholesaler that covers a good territory. Exposure!! Glad to help him out if he'd like.

Heck Tim, for you guys, I'll call and schmooze anyone! lol I'll call you this week. Need your opinion on a new shack and selling my old trap.

Just a question of what everyone does with there 1 lb propane cylinders when they are empty?Do you have a attachment for refilling them because I heard that they don't work very well?
I pick up all those empties that i find laying around on the ice in the morning when i get there. Then, at the end of the day, i wait until the night fisherman get there, and come out on the ice. As I'm leaving, i just throw them in the backs of their trucks! They don't care, they just leave me more to pick up the next day....

Working ,fishing, workin at fishin! Had some Puter issues for awhile, but that got worked out...looking foward to a great season on the ice! You?

I have never had a problem refilling them, not that your going to save hundreds by doing it but they are easy and fast to refill with an attachment. There is a little science involved to it...put the 20 lb. cylinder in the deep freeze and get it cold.

Working ,fishing, workin at fishin! Had some Puter issues for awhile, but that got worked out...looking foward to a great season on the ice! You?

Same here working, fishing no puter issues though I don't golf so I don't have that problem grin.Good luck at icefishing this year.