• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New home made gear

So it's been a while, MG; any updates on the intern or your increased production? Any prototypes that need *ahem* long-term testing in North Dakota??? I've been going through Muthagoose decoy withdrawals for a while now and I need a fix!!! Hook a brother up grin

Schools FINALY done..

Pat the intern helped all day monday burlap'n hoddies and buffs.

The redheads and mallards are tailed and keeled.I still have 40-50 ringer's and woodies to carve..

After getting the new full body DVD from my mentor Don I tore the heads off most of my full body wooducks. They just were NOT good enough...

Always tell my taxidermy student to NEVER say 3 words and you do fine..

"Thats Good Enough'

So with that I have to employ the same and redo some....

Ill get a pic of in progress up after this week..

Hard to find good help,have to help the wife with delivering flowers the rest of the week.. I wear TO MANY HATS.

Sure glad I stopped taking in critters and fish taxidermy work otherwise ther wouldnt be time for my new hobby custom painting crankbaits and casting leadjigs....

Custom painting...but that will eat into valuable decoy creation time!!!

I'm a bit sad you decided to quit the animal stuffing business, but if you ever get a hankering to try one more, I still have that crappie sitting in my freezer just begging to be made whole again... grin

Mutha hope all goes well with your student/Apprentice .

I really wish I could talk the family to make that jump to the wild side of the north woods but who knows maybe she'll get a application for a hospital up that way whistle or I was thinking of the Devils Lake area but thats up to her wink

Gordie

The area NEEDS a gunsmith and there is always postions open at the hospital...

Tyler I have the funds put away for the ND test trip..Got a pond a feild ready???? My plan is to follow the flight this fall and start in ND ending in western MN.. Gonna need a LOT of bacon for wrapping...

Im putting the tails on my full body mallards today. I tore the heads off my wooducks,just "not good enough" after watching Don carve one.

So what has been everyones fall prep propject for fall????

Gordie

The area NEEDS a gunsmith and there is always postions open at the hospital...

Tyler I have the funds put away for the ND test trip..Got a pond a feild ready???? My plan is to follow the flight this fall and start in ND ending in western MN.. Gonna need a LOT of bacon for wrapping...

Been a good year. Around a 100 to go out by fall..Also have 8dz sillo's to flock..Gonna be close but they should be done for pick up prior to opener.

Good thing I have a few left over from last fall to use.As you can see in the bottom pic,yet to do my full body goldeneyes...

IMG_0113-3.jpg

IMG_0111-4.jpg

IMG_0115-2.jpg

IMG_0110-1.jpg

I know its not hunting but I just finished these off and since I mold and cast some of them them it sorta fits in..

Plus Tyler mentioned it would take me away from decoys..

These are my neutral sucker jerks baits my first attempt at sculpting a lure..

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Some I altered and molded some I just painted..

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Some day when i get good enough I may do lure painting but till I get the grip on the production of these things Ill stick with decoys..

Again I know its not decoys.....

Well I finally got a few done Please excuse the poor lighting.

Done a few changes to the flocking process and paint, they are the toughest yet.

Some of the 48 ready for pick up.Just had to toss a few Blackies into the mix..

IMG_0110-2.jpg

I built these to go on my kayak and low boat..

IMG_0104-3.jpg

IMG_0107-2.jpg

Some of the ringer in the final stages of detail.> The spray can shows how big the super mags are..

IMG_0112-2.jpg

The last of the divers and woodies waiting for finishing

IMG_0115-3.jpg

Just awesome. As I said before, as good as they look in photos, they're even more impressive in person. Mine turned out fantastic. Those dekes your working on now will definitely make for some more very happy customers.......and unhappy ducks.

...stop, just stop... you're driving me nuts and I don't think I can take much more.

In all seriousness, the feather detail on those black ducks and hen mallards is superb. Really "pops." Can't wait to get one of those in my hands!

...stop, just stop... you're driving me nuts and I don't think I can take much more.

In all seriousness, the feather detail on those black ducks and hen mallards is superb. Really "pops." Can't wait to get one of those in my hands!

Excatly,