• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable ice shelter rope length?

berke99

On my Otter Lodge I have the rope long enough to put around my waist to pull and it seems to help. On my 1 man Frabill it's shorter and it seems to be a little tougher to pull a long way that way.

It also helps to keep the bottom of the sled waxed so it slides better on the snow/ice. But otherwise as the others stated, make it long enough to go around your waste and also long enough so that the sled is not banging into your heels.

I agree with the others; make it long enough so you can pull it with your waist. I have pulled my Otter Lodge II over a 1/4 mile, fully loaded, with very little effort. I do have the hyfax runers which seems to help. Also with a longer rope it's easier for 2 guys to pull w/o banging into each other. Ice cleats, of course, are also a requirenmet on the early ice.