• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I Love October Too!!

hanson

Maybe some of you will recall my 4 day walleye fishing trip to Cass Lake with Jeff "Borch" Borchardt last fall...

It resulted in my first muskie ever and a beauty at that.

Here was the report from last year... Hope This Isn't The Start of Something

Well... this years trip has come and gone and I didn't have to wait until the last night for magic to happen again.

Thats right, got another one pulling walleye cranks. grin Storm Thunderstick in Chrome/Blue to be specific.

The secret is to leave the muskie gear in the cabin! Shimano Compres with Garcia 7000s were left behind along with the Jakes, Believers, DCGs, Bulldawgs, topwaters, etc. We fished a little bit intentionally for them but the real focus of the trip is pulling cranks shallow at night for walleyes. The walleyes cooperated as well!

I'll get one on purpose one of these days but I'm super happy to be able to hoist one for a photo again this year.

hansoncassmuskie1hx1.jpg

The release... she didn't want to hang around very long for the photo so its pretty amazing this turned out.

hansoncassmuskie2fm7.jpg

Quote:
The secret is to leave the muskie gear in the cabin! Shimano Compres with Garcia 7000s were left behind

hmmm, interesting tecnique. too bad i'm not that brave, lol. after catching a bunch of walleyes i bet when that hit and took off you had visions of a world record grin ... chrome/blue huh? i've been working on the chrome thing for jerk-baits and top waters and finnaly got it figured out so the chrome stays chrome after the epoxy is put on. was that chrome/chrome blue or solid blue( not many thundersticks in my collection). i'll be out fishing with a chrome/solid pink top, WTD pretty soon, and i think i'll get one made up like you said in chrome/blue.

Nice fish Chris! Love the release pic!

I have to tip my hat, Hanson and Borch were out late season in ideal waters targeting walleyes primarily, but with the prospect of some pike and muskie in mind. Like I always say, "You can't catch them from home!"

Congrats on a good trip and a nice muskie!

Everything went pretty smoothly on that one. Seems that for some reason that when Hanson and I go fishing one of us catches a big one. Then to add to the positive experience even the photos turn out pretty good so he must be living right. laugh

Everything went pretty smoothly on that one.

Well... you did put about a half dozen pike in the boat previous to the muskie eating so we were well practiced on the handling of toothy critters. grin

Have you been helping any ducks land yet this year?

Not as much I'd like. I did bag a beautiful drake bufflehead week and a half ago thats going on the wall. Photo is in the waterfowl forum.

I've got a lot of little projects to take care of on my house before winter that have really been occupying my time. New homeowner = lots of projects. grin