• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Maps for Hunting

Lane

I was wondering if anyone know where to find maps for Minnesota that had WMAs, WPAs, CRP land, and DU land for hunting. I am looking to head to some different areas around Minnesota, and am having a hard time finding public land to hunt. Any insight or advice would be much appreicated.

gander and cabelos should have them My cousin has an atlas for minnesota county by county with all wmas and such highlighted don't remember the name of it but just ask some one at your favorite outdoors store and they should be able to help you.

I bought an atlas at the state fair. Think they are called Sportsman Connection. I know gander carries them because I looked at them there. It is awesome. I have the southern minnesota one and it shows every bit of public land on it. They cost 30 bucks.

I like the sportsman atlas from gander and cabelas as well. Its very detailed and you can find all public land, wma, wpa, pheasant forever lands in there. There are 2 books that cover the state. One covers north, and one covers south awesome book to have.

I know the Lowrance "hunting" map package contains a large number of WMAs that can be hunted. Google earth for desktop searching. Then using one of their mapping GPSes while on a WMA is kinda neat- used my uncle's to do so once. It even gave us driving directions to get there. However, their map info is a little incomplete- it doesn't contain all the WMAs, and doesn't have WPAs, etc.

I translated the google earth WMA maps and many WPAs (several hundred?) into a garmin map format for personal use, but I don't think I have license to distribute the maps I made.

I may start another thread for this question, but does anyone know if parcels that are "tax forfeited" are considered county land? Huntable? It would be nice to know.

Happy hunting!

Man that DNR/Google Earth thing is fantastic. I sure would like to be able to get that info into my Ifinder. My MapCreate is at least 5 years old and I'm sure there has been a ton of areas added since it was put together. Anyone know how to pull that off?

Am i missing something with google earth? I opened it and downloaded the file from MN DNR to show all WMA's in mn. Its a little better than mapquest cause it shows the areal view with the WMA boundaries. What else can you do with google earth? does it show a topo map in the areal view? (that would be nice)