• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Gator Electric Auger

For any of you Ice Fisherman looking to buy a new auger, upgrade your existing one, or just looking to put behind all the hassles of a gas auger. Be sure to check out the innovative Ice Gator electric ice auger.

Finally, an electric auger that lives up to its claims and is able to compete with “the big boys”.

Pavati Manufacturing, LLC's history begins just four years ago with a dream to introduce an electric ice auger drive that would outperform gas auger drives and eliminate all the problems gas drives have. To do this has taken three years of development. It had to be able to drill holes twice as fast as gas. It needed to drill at least twenty-five holes through 36” of ice on a single battery charge, have a forward/reverse feature, and maintain an average weight for all ice auger drives.

After long nights of design changes and testing, Pavati Manufacturing, LLC has overcome all of the above challenges, assigned two patents and was proud to offer the first generation of electric drives called the ICEGATOR. The manufacturing plant is located in Edgerton, Ohio.

For more info, check out the Ice Gator HSOforum here. Be sure to watch the videos as well. Seeing is believing.

Click here to visit the Ice Gator HSOforum

Dtro, I can't wait for my Ice Gator to arrive. I got the 8" for my hard house. Not to wave the wussy flag, but I have pretty bad allergies and carry an inhaler for when they are real bad. Drilling holes in my hard house has always been a rough time for me with the fumes, I have even switched to different oils and that has helped, but finding an electric that has enough power to get through our ice without smoking me out is by far my best option.

Plus alot of the time I have my daughters with me. They are only 6 and 11 and to make them sit in that cloudy air for a while just isn't fair for me to do.

This is my hard house solution and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Is there ice yet????!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it you watch there video and it says just put on your 8" or smaller auger and drill. But in the warrenty section it say 6" or smaller. if you put a 8" on it voids the warrenty. witch one is right?

I see that.

Let me check into it.

So since Strikemaster and Jiffy augers turn differnt ways how does that work?

Well, the auger is bi-directional (forward/reverse) so I would think you just use the direction that works.

Right, see I didn't really read the whole original post.....thanks for the help guys. Very interesting new tool for the ice. This will be the ticket for use in permanent houses.

Do they have any plans in the future to sell it as a complete unit with an auger?

I think they are using the versitilty of the any bit fits as a selling tool. Take the bit out of your current auger and rid yourself of the smoke, the smell of fuel and be able to flush a whole with the reverse mode. Quite a concept!

I like the idea of atleast having the option to come with out an auger, I have several around here, and is more cost efficient to just reuse one that I already have. I cant wait to try it out in the ice house, no fumes lingering for hours, it will just make fishing that much more enjoyable! Like that is possible grin

I don't get it you watch there video and it says just put on your 8" or smaller auger and drill. But in the warrenty section it say 6" or smaller. if you put a 8" on it voids the warrenty. witch one is right?

I read the same thing on their "manual", but here's my thinking....the "manual" lists the part number as "002-003", which is the same part number as the top unit on their "product" page. I believe this is the older design, which was probably only meant for the 6 inch augers. If you go down further in the "product" page, they have 2 different looking drive units which are specifically called "Icegator drive for 8” auger bits", coming with 2 different sized batteries.

So, my guess is that their product page has been updated with new products, but the only manual they have available on their HSOforum at this time points to the older 6 inch unit.

Now, of course you should talk to the people at IceGator for clarification, since I'm only guessing. Whenever I have a question about a product warranty, I talk to the people at that company directly, rather than expecting the advertising medium to know. I mean, if I saw a Ford advertised on the Fox NFL pregame show, and I had a question about some confusing information on the Ford HSOforum, I wouldn't ask Howie Long of the Fox pregame show for clarification...I would email Ford directly. Fact is, even if I did ask Howie, and he emailed me an answer, it wouldn't necessarily be right smile

Looks like Gander Mtn will also offer the Gator Electric Auger line too this season. That will be nice for the guys to see them up close.

I like the ideology, construction, and the overall simplicity behind the Gator system. They should be a big hit.