Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craigums

This weekend

19 posts in this topic

Who is going fishing this weekend, and what is your plan of attack?

Im leaving tonight for my little fishing hole. plan on working the shallows alot.

Minnetonka tomorrow. Will probably spend 90% of my time deep throwing cranks, jig and pigs, football jigs, and carolina rigs hoping to find a good school of fish. Sunday, not sure, might hit a smaller lake close by so I can get back in time to watch football.

I will probably hit Tonka this weekend. My guess is that the shallow bite will be going. Also cranks are really good this time of the year.

I'm gonna check some shallows, but my best fishing on this lake this time of years is on the flats (5-8ft) with big spinnerbaits and rattlin' raps. I also fish some steep break and the deep weedege as well. I love this time of year, fish to your strengths and you can find fish anywhere.

I'm hitting Tonka too, er I tink. Dunno yet. My buddy had his b-day so it's his choice. He may decide on the Sippi, but the water is so low that I can't go anywhere.

Has the boat traffic on Tonka died? It should've - well a lil.

green/brown color water, what color cranks you looking to roll?

Not sure if you were asking me or not, but I like the natural cranks the most. Caught some real nice fish on a light colored crayfish color in Halsteds bay last time I was out there, and halsteds bay is muddy, like 3 inches. Firetiger is a good color too. I think the main thing is the action and I'm sure most would agree, but it always helps to have a good paintjob on a good running lure!

Going to fish a local lake, in 2-5 feet of water with small swimbaits, and large spinnerbaits.

Ended up on East & West Rush, rooting the bass out of the reeds in shallow water. It was almost a topwater bite, fish were hitting Senkos on the bigger Gamagatsu Superline hooks, but taking them off the top and off hang-ups on the reeds. Fun fishing for sure! My nephew had a 20 inch fish that was a football. Short and fat looking, even at 20!

Rain picked up, bass shut off and the pike moved in.

i was on waconia this weekend on saturday.

Fish in a club tournament this weekend. Everything that i caught was in the 8 foot and less mark. We caught over 25 fish, with our smallest at 16.5 inches.

The rain was a great time, as im sure you all were out in the rain like we were. It was a great day on the water. The fish are moving up.

Was out this morning early before the wind picked up and had a blast. Lots of bass to be had in 3-6 feet of water. The best bait of the day was a zoom horny toad. I really like the way this bait can be worked on top and slightly below the surface. If I could just keep the northerns from bitting me off. Also caught them on tubes, senkos and a culprit frog that I am not to fond of. At about 9:30 my bite stopped.

Hester

I fished a super clear lake with excellent deep weeds in it. The flats were hot for numbers but the deep edge still held all the bigger fish. The shallow water (shoreline cover, bullrushes, pads) was not going. One fish on shallow cover and about 80 on the flats and weedlines.

I fished a small tourney on Cedar in Faribault on Saturday. We won with 5 fish that went 17.18 pounds. It was foggy and rainy but the fish were on fire! It was the most fun I have ever had in a tournament. I caught them shallow using a 1-minus and my partner was using frogs and jigs. They were in one stretch of pads. There were pads all over the lake but one 100-yard area produced all the fish. It was a mix of pads and milfoil. We also had big fish. It was a small tourney but it was a blast. With the bad weather I didn't see any water skiers or jet skiers which added to the fun.

Sounds like some mixed reports and that's what my boat had too. I got 5 bass all in the 13-15" range in the pads. I had a huge swirl but missed and never returned. My buddy got the big bass going 17.5" - which is great as he's only been fishing 3 times this year. We fished in the rain the entire time and fished shallow 98%. I dragged a jig on the edge but pulled up milfoil most of the time.