• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your First Vehicle

DTro

72 Pontiac LeMans, white over blue. It was the poor kid's GTO. It had a 350 and I switched the stick from the column to a Hurst on the floor. A set of Keystones made it look really nice. It went to scrap when I got t-boned in a park by some diversity boys in a stolen car.

Valv I got to drive a Citroen when I was stationed in Germany. It was a interesting car to drive because it was a 5 speed on the column(tree) and for the most part you where guessing what gear you had the thing in. My first car was a 1964 VW painted a dark purple. My brother bought it right after he got out of the navy but when he found a nice 442 he traded it to me for my 10 speed Schwinn. At the time I was only 15 1/2 so all I got to do was go up and down the driveway.

My first car was a "69" Dodge Polara with a 383. What a tank, thing was bigger than a Caddy. Drove(and beat the carp out it) til she threw a rod right up through the cam shaft and settled under the intake manifold.

1984 cutlass supreme, 4 door, 3.8L, dog of a car, the trans was bad it had no power and no speed but it ran. I got the car running after sitting for 10 years. At least it had rally rims. smile

To bad the car was in such bad condition would of like of taken it with me to AZ.

100_0448.JPG

In 1978, Mine was a '66 Mustang, similar to this one

2862821050_7e569e4043_o.jpg

But with 4 shades of red (3 were primers), lots of Bondo, no floors in the back, but it had lots of carpet to compensate eek, a 200ci 6 cyl and stock 3spd auto trans. Had a short piece of copper drain pipe as an exhaust system patch, and it had a nice CB and 8 track player!

1996 Dodge Intrepid. I wanted a truck but my parents wouldn't borrow me a chunk of the money for anything but a car. I got it with about 45K, a lease return no doubt. Got about 22 or 23 MPG with it.

Drove it for ten years, ran it up to 170K. Used to drive everywhere with it. I lived a fishing and hunting lifestyle out of the thing. Got sick of having to carpool or do outdoor activities with friends with trucks. Felt like a mooch all the time. Still, the vehicle saw all parts of the state. North central for deer and grouse hunting, the North Shore and Gunflint for a few excursions and trips, out to western MN for waterfowl hunting, down to SE MN for turkey hunting and trout fishing, two summers it was my reimbursed company ride and it saw the entire southern third of MN, east to west from Rock to Houston counties, and everywhere in between. Dated my wife in it (so I do know what the backseat looked like when I wasn't stuffing duck decoys back there), got around campus in it, and had plenty of run-ins with the law in it (mostly in my HS years).

She died doing what I loved. I was out on the Minnetonka ice moving to a new spot when I hit a chunk of ice that was buried in a snowdrift. Dented the tranny pan and it couldn't get out of 3rd. Got a tow home, tried fixing it, but it would cost more than the vehicle was worth. Junked it out and finally got my truck.

I have a picture or two with it, prom years, high school, running and gunning. They are around somewhere, but I can't immediately locate them, so here's a pic off the 'net:

1997-DODGE-INTREPID.JPG

First vehicle was a 1953 Ford Customline 2door post, 6 cylinder 3 on-the-tree. Then I graduated to a '58 Chevy Biscayne 283 Auto., A '62 Corvair Monza Spyder 900 Convertible, Then a '68 Dodge Coronet 440..I still wish I had all four!! Phred52