Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Carlson

How about a Pimped shack competition?

22 posts in this topic

Ya see car shows, boat shows, gun shows, you name it shows, somebody wants to show something off...right.

Well...How about a regional "Pimped Ice Shack Show"?

Set up categories/divisions like permanent, 4 man, 3 man, 2 man, 1 man, and best pail. Best of show and most inventive show trophies that cross all divisions would add a wild card aspect to it as well. That way a creative 6 gal pail rig could out Pimp a 16' Premo shack..if the crowd liked it better.

It would also make a good venue for commercial shack company's to show off new gear and models.

It go's without saying that such a prestigious event would need the Swedish Bikini Ice Team on hand, what da hey Eh, somebody needs to hand them trophy's out...right.

I think it would be a hoot!

That would be cool. Only place I could think of is the Thorne Bros get together and I don't know that they have the space for all that or the time to put it all together.

It would take a very large lot to hold an event like that. Coyuld be interesting Ed. Maybe the Gander store.

If nothing materializes you could always start a new thread here???

I like the idea..Perhaps a peoples choice vote at the Thorn Bros GTG to get the ball rolling.

an event like that would rock! everyones tips/tricks could be traded also.

class 1 over 15'

class 2 12'- 15'

class 3 6'-12'

class 4 2-3 man porties

class 5 1 man porties

class 6 buckets to run and gun

I could also see it requiring a bit of space and a paved lot. Permanents would take up a chunk of space, and from there it would take progressively less. A circle the wagons configuration maybe?

Sponsored teams with promotional interests would likely need to host this format, or go the other rout completely and say personal showing, no factory rep teams.

I would venture to say the rep's would be needed to help defer costs and get a wider range of ideas showcased. Folks will want to see whats new just as much as whats Pimped/improved.

May take some inquires to see if anyone with such space would have any interest in such a deal. Be it Gander Mountain, Cabela's, Thorn Bro's, Reed's, Dick's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Scheels, Mom & Pops, or Wall Mart...whomever? The other way is book a fairgrounds during off season times when space is open for use.

Well guys and galls, I seeded some potential interests in such a ice show format, we will see if they roll with it, or not.

I like the idea.

I think you would have to put a spending cap on it though, with everything documented.

The guy with the most money, will almost certainly always win.

I think that idea is cool as well. smile

But I can see where dtro is coming from his "the guy with the most money" statment.

"hooks"

I don't care if some one spends more money then me. it's all about ideas, fun and the fishing community. Remember the fastest, shinest biggest horse boat does not win everytime either.I can see some one with a couple of pails strapped to a old pair of ski's all the latest side scanning,evesdroping,x-ray sonars mounted all painted up lookin like a sleeper (old car sland). OK I'm in!

deadminnowcatcher,

I thought that fish house was going to be for anyone on FM to use????? whistlegrin

"hooks"

I know I would love to enter, but there is a guy with one the same size as mine.He puts it on Minnetonka at least last year I saw it there that has a Full size bar and a striper pole how can you compete with that cool I think he was even on the news.

I know I would love to enter, but there is a guy with one the same size as mine.He puts it on Minnetonka at least last year I saw it there that has a Full size bar and a striper pole how can you compete with that cool I think he was even on the news.

Um, How do I sign up to fish with this guy?

Striper pole...Oh-Yah..yup...he is in!! cool

You can bring your pimped shack to the Portable Modification Get Together on Sept 27 at Thorne Bros... should be a lot of people there to check them out... also a bite to eat, some discounts and seminars as well smile

Ata Boy Matt!!

Regional opportunity's to show is a good starting point. Than see how it takes off.

I bet in a year or so Pimp'n Porty shows will be at every pre-season ice show to add draw to the events.

Just load some pictures!! I love all the ideas right now Im converting a Frabril caboose into a otter sled! so I can use it with my sled

Grand Dad

You are correct about the Minnetonka mansion. It was indeed on the news- I remember it well because I was very envious cry of these two retirees that apparently bought this Grand Lodge together. It is called the Billagio Lodge if anyone cares to research it further wink This would truly be a case of "the man with the most money wins"! Nice pole, I might add.